Friday, April 16, 2010

What Doesn't Kill Us, Makes Us Stronger

I faced another fear this week, going to the dentist. It wasn't a great check up but I did it and will now deal with the work that needs to be done. Andrew continued to have some minor stomach issues as a result of his bug but we began to look forward. We started finalizing the plans for Andrew's surgery on Friday. We needed 2 adults at the hospital, someone to watch the 2 younger kids and lots a busy schedules to deal with. But we finally came up with a plan. Thursday, Andrew had his pre op appointment and was given the go ahead for surgery. I took him to school after his appointment to keep him in a routine. THEN on our way home, Matthew came down with the stomach virus! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I thought for sure we were over the hump...but no! I mean it was bad and I was driving. MAN! I calmed everyone down and begged Drew to leave the Cardinal game and come help. Of course being the great guy that he is, he came right home but he was no where near home so it took what seemed like forever. It was a nightmare, Molly was screaming, Matthew continued to get sick and Andrew was all out of sorts! Lets just say we had to rearrange the plan for Friday and I was praying for it all to end.

Today, Andrew, Molly and I went to my mom's and dropped off Molly with my friend Maureen. Then my mom, Andrew, and I headed to the hospital while Drew stayed home with Matthew. My mom went to relieve Maureen once Andrew was checked in and settled, then brought Molly up to the hospital so I could feed her. They left once the anesthesiologist came in with Andrew's "cocktail". The dentist was running about an hour late so Andrew was antsy and SUPER hungry but a TROOPER. I got some video of him when he started to get loopy:)






Andrew is home now recovering very nicely. He woke up very disoriented and MAD but once the anesthesia began to wear off he came around. Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes!

Drew emailed me this morning that Matthew woke up and they had this conversation:

Imagine Matthew talking in his really sweet, tired voice.


Matthew, "Sleep all day, sleep all day."
Drew, "what?"
Matthew, "Sleep all day."
Drew, "Is that what you want to do today?"
Matthew, "Yeah. Me tired."

Poor guys is so worn out from yesterdays events. We're praying for a drama free healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment