Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Advent and Doctors Visits

Monday, November 29, Molly and I got to go to Andrew’s classroom and help him make an advent wreath. We made it out of green play doh and pink and purple birthday candles.

Tuesday Molly was acting clingy after nap and as I went to kiss her, her head seemed warm. I took her temp and sure enough she had a temperature. Then as I was changing her diaper I noticed a rash covering her entire belly and back. THEN I noticed the spot where she broke out in a hive from her immunization was really red and irritated. My initial reaction was that this was the delayed reaction to her immunizations that they warn you about. When I called the pediatrician on Wednesday they said all of her symptoms were normal except for the irritation at the spot of the shot. I took her in and all of the doctors were baffled. I was disappointed that our pediatrician wasn’t in on this day but we did get an opinion from each doctor that was in. They pretty much came to three different opinions but were all baffled. I didn’t like leaving the pediatrician not knowing what was wrong with Molly but since she was in good spirits I was more comfortable.

By the time Thursday rolled around Molly STILL had the rash, the reaction on her leg, and a fever. I was supposed to leave for Chicago Friday afternoon for a little girls trip with my friend Allsion. I decided I would take Molly back in on Friday morning so I would feel comfortable leaving or know that it would be better for me to stay home. When Friday morning rolled around Andrew woke up complaining of a sore throat again. I looked and noticed it looked pretty bad. SO I took Andrew and Molly to see Dr. Bob. It turns out that Andrew had strep AGAIN (the antibiotic probably didn’t work the first time) and he said it looked like Molly had strep too because she had puss on her throat. He did a strep test on her and it was negative. Dr. Bob said it was most likely a virus and the reaction on her leg is probably from the vaccination and to keep an eye on it. He said I was cleared to have a weekend away!


No comments:

Post a Comment