Monday, October 24, 2011

Good byes, Back to Reality, AND POTTY TRAINING

Sunday (July 24) was our last day with Mimi and Paw Paw. After church we decided to have a low key day after all of our adventures. We wanted the kids to be able to enjoy Mimi and Paw Paw without too many distractions. It was a very relaxing day with lots of playtime. I think it's what everyone needed. I was even able to go grocery shopping ALONE!!

After dinner I surprised Paw Paw and Andrew with a birthday cake. It was perfect because Paw Paw was about to turn 60 and Andrew 6 so I only had to buy 2 candles! After dinner we headed to the pond to show Mimi and Paw Paw the ducklings. A "cold" front moved in that afternoon so we could actually breath while outside on our walk.



Waiting for the slow pokes 


Monday was back to reality. Drew went back to work and Drew's parents headed back to Oklahoma. After being entertained 24/7 for the past week the kids were going crazy. I was ready for a chill day at home and they were like, "what's next?!" So silly me, decided this would be a good time to potty train Matthew. I knew my strong willed child would not be easy but I knew he was ready. He did surprisingly well. The thing he HATED most about being "trained" was when I told him he had to go. BUT he had very few accidents, just a lot of battles with mom. A few days I felt like I may end up in a padded room but he was completely potty trained by mid August. 

Matthew wasn't thrilled about ending his M&M rewards when he was officially potty trained but I was thrilled that it was over and now I only have one in diapers. I was also very proud of the fact that from day 1 he wore underwear to bed and never wet his bed (A sure sign that he was ready!). 

Way to go Matthew!!







No comments:

Post a Comment