Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Times Had By All


We were so lucky to have such beautiful weather last week for Andrew's Spring Break. Monday I took the boys on a wagon ride to the "ladybug" park. It was really Matthew's first time at a park since he's been walking so it was so much fun watching him explore. Andrew has also become much move brave since last year. He went across the bridge to the "big boy" twisty slide right away without batting an eye. Maybe he was showing off for his little brother.


Then on Tuesday, St. Patrick's Day, I debated taking the boys to another parade but decided against it since I would be the only adult and Andrew thought St. Patrick's Day had already come and gone because we went to the parade on Saturday. Instead I decided to take them to the park again after naps. I asked Andrew if he wanted to go to the same one or a different one. He said, "Let's go to the green park mom because it's St. Patrick's Day." So clever.


Thursday, I took the boys out to see their cousins Kiersten and Kaitlyn. They had so much fun. They both loved Kiersten's bounce house and all the different toys...even though most of them were pink:) It was nice having a change of scenery and I got to have some adult conversation with Jill.


Friday, Drew's parent's came in for a visit. We all stayed at my parent's house because they are in Florida for my mom's Spring Break. So we had lots of room to spread out and play. Andrew of course took trips to the creek with Mimi and PawPaw and shy Matthew slowly warmed up to them. Of course a majority of our "adult" time was spent watching basketball. (At the moment, my bracket is doing better than Drew's:))


Sunday I went to Christina's first baby shower while everyone else hung out at the house. Then we had a delicious steak dinner with Drew's parents before the hit the road. It was a great week and weekend all around.
Andrew and Matthew feeding the ducks with MiMi while waiting on dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment