Monday, May 18, 2009

Eventful Week

I'll just start from the beginning with a recap of our week.

Monday: Matthew decided not to nap while Andrew was at school so I decided to go look at a few houses and see what the area was like. Everything was going well until...I was in my own little world and speeding through "work zone". Sure enough, I got a nice little ticket. I knew Drew wouldn't be too pleased but he took the news quite well.

Tuesday: Drew left early to catch a plane for a business trip. This was the first morning I was on my own with the boys during the "morning sickness" phase. Luckily, I had Drew wake me up before he left so I could get up slowly before the boys and everything worked out nicely. We met my friend Lindsey and her little boy Bobby at the park that evening. It was great entertainment for the boys as well as me since I knew Drew wouldn't be home.

Wednesday: I set my alarm to get up before the boys so I could ease into the morning but of course they woke up early as well. Everything ended up working out. I got Andrew to school and Matthew home for a quick nap. I had my monthly check up so I had to wake him up but he handled it quiet well. I got to hear the baby's heart beat and was a very happy momma. As I was leaving my appointment, I got a call from Drew who was still out of town. He said, "an agent wants to show the house in a couple of hours". In theory a couple of hours may sound like plenty of time BUT I had to get Matthew fed, Andrew from school, and the house clean while keeping the boys entertained but not getting any toys out. You would think our house would be relatively clean considering it's on the market but with Drew out of town, I just couldn't keep up. I started to panic and told Drew he better pray for a miracle. I came home, got Matthew in the high chair and went to work. Headed to pick up Andrew and had no idea how the last 45 min before they arrived would go. THANK GOD, I pulled in and our neighbor Kelli and her son Timmy were outside. I went over and begged for her to watch the boys for 45 minutes. She said it would be no problem. THANKS A MILLION KELLI! The house was ready, Max was packed up, I got the boys, packed them up and headed to my parents for naps. After naps we headed home and went about our normal evening.

Thursday: I guess it was just a normal day b/c I don't remember what we did.

Friday: Drew's brother Mike was headed back to Oklahoma from working in West Virginia for 5 months so he stopped here to rest and visit. I wish we could have visited more but it was my friend Brittany's Rehearsal and Rehearsal dinner for her wedding. So we said hi to Mike, took the boys to my parents for a "sleepover" and headed to the pre wedding festivities.

Saturday: Drew and I had the whole day without the boys! This is the longest adult time we've had since Matthew was born. So needless to say, I was excited. We had breakfast with Mike and then he hit the road. Then I drug Drew with me to get my make up done. He was actually really entertaining. We had a nice lunch, alone, and ran a few errands that would have taken all day with the boys. We ran home, put curlers in my hair, threw on my dress and away we went. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Brittany looked amazing. The reception was lots of fun and Drew and I danced the night away. Being the pregnant sober one, we decided to call it a night when things started to get a little crazy. And I hate to say it, I was looking forward to putting my PJs on and getting a full night of sleep (I'm getting old:)).



Sunday: We slept in until 7! Then I got ready and went to get the boys while Drew stayed home and started perfecting the house for our Open House. I got Matthew down for a nap and cleaned the floors while Drew mowed. He showered real fast and we headed to Kaitlyn's baptism. Then Pete and Jill had a really nice luncheon at their house. Before we got out of Pete and Jill's neighborhood, both boys were sound asleep. It worked out perfectly because we still had an hour and a half to kill before we could head home. So we drove around and I showed Drew some of the houses I had driven by. Then the boys woke up, we headed to get Drew's car from my parent's house and were ready for a quiet evening at home. Well on the way home, we got a call that an agent wanted to show our house which is a great thing. So we had dinner out instead of in and then called it a night!

I told you it was eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment