Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Girl Keeping Things Interesting

Well yesterday after the boys woke up from naps I was having some contractions but didn't think much about it. But then they didn't let up. Should I call the doc? He told me to call if I had more than 6 an hour. These were pretty consistent but not unbearable. I knew if I told the nurse I had more than 6 an hour they would make me come in. Drew told me he'd leave work and I should call. I called and was on hold for about 10 minutes. I took it as a sign that I would be fine and hung up and went on with the evening. The contractions continued through the night, not horrible but every time I woke up my stomach was tight.

This morning I woke up and had to take Matthew to the pediatrician to get a couple of shots that we put off at his 18 month check up since he had a virus. I was still having contractions and told Drew I would call when I got home from Matthew's appointment. I called and left a message for my doctor's nurse. She called back and was like "Why didn't you call yesterday?" Oh great! I knew this wasn't going to end well. She said she was going to talk to my doctor and see if I should go to the office or right to the hospital to the Women's Evaluation Center. She called back and said to get to the hospital ASAP.

I called my dad and he came over to watch the boys until Drew got out of a meeting. I got to the hospital, got checked in and hooked up to the monitors. The baby was doing well so that was a relief. I didn't think anything was wrong but on the way to the hospital I began to worry. Luckily after the monitored me for a couple of hours, checked me out, and gave me some medicine to slow the contractions; I was free to go. And luckily, I'm not on bed rest! Can you imagine?!

So I came home from the hospital and Drew told me he was going to take the boys to the zoo while I rested. What a good hubby! The contractions have really slowed down and I hoping it stays that way.

1 comment:

  1. Slow down Mama!! Get some rest and take care of yourself!! You guys have been super busy!!

    ReplyDelete