Monday, August 31, 2009

Love you and Miss You Grandma

Yesterday afternoon I got the phone call you never want to get. My mom called to let me know that she had gone over to see my grandma and after knocking a few times my mom went in and saw that she was not alive. Needless to say, I was devastated and felt horrible for my mom. Of course being the amazing woman that she is, my mom was so strong and put together on the phone. As I broke down, she telling me to remain calm for the sake of the baby. She said she was doing well and my grandma would finally be with my grandpa who she has been missing desperately for 3 years.

For those of you who did not have the pleasure of knowing my grandma she was an amazing woman! Carol Schatzman was a woman full of life, the life of the party and always dressed to the nines (with a glass of Chardonnay in her hand). She remained active and vibrant until the very end and will always be remembered that way. I'm so thankful my boys had the joy of knowing GG (as they called her). They loved her so much and will miss her as well.

GG and Andrew on her 80th Birthday, May 22, 2009

GG and Matthew at Sunday dinner August 2, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment