Friday, September 25, 2009

Over the River

Wednesday we closed on both houses at 9am. It went really fast and we were on our way to the new house by 10. Thankfully the PODS were delivered in the morning so we were able to start unloading as soon as we arrived. My dad and brother John were a huge help with all of the lifting. The boys had a pretty good time running around but of course started to get antsy after a while. Thankfully my mom came out after school to help with them and then my friend Tracy and her husband Jimmy came over to help some more. They were a HUGE help too. Drew and I decided to call it a night earlier than we would have liked so we could try and get the boys in bed and adjusted to their new rooms. Night 1 went pretty well. I think we were all pretty worn out.

Watching the POD leave old house

We forgot to save room for Max

Here she is!

Thursday Drew planned on taking off except he had to go in for a board meeting around 11. So he took Andrew to school while I ran to Target and got some essentials for the house. He left for his meeting around 10 and I did what I could with my little helper Matthew. We had lunch and went to pick up Andrew. Here is where the nap drama begins and yes it is drama. Matthew fell asleep on the way to get Andrew so that would be considered his nap for the day. I could go ahead and mark a defeat for myself having 2 seconds of alone time. I decided to try to get Andrew down but of course it was unsuccessful since he won’t stay in his bed unless I literally stand by his door (which is impossible with Matthew awake). So I decided it wouldn’t be that bad b/c Drew would be home soon and I’d have some help. Well it ended up that Drew didn’t get home until 4 (the day he planned on taking off) and I got a horrible headache in the meantime. Drew brought me some Tylenol and I continued to watch the boys while he unloaded. Thankfully my mom came out to help for an hour just to give us time to decide where things would go and unpack a few boxes. She left and thanks to the lack of naps bedtime was successful. Andrew woke up several times during the night, we’re guessing b/c of the unfamiliar place. Sleep, who needs sleep?

Friday we had the guy come to set up internet so the boys played and I unpacked. Once he came and left, we went on a walk around our new neighborhood came home and had some lunch. They actually napped and I was able to take a deep breath! Then we met Drew for dinner and did a Lowes run.

Here’s where it gets interesting. We got home from what was a great family night. Drew, being the super dad that he is, did baths and we got the boys ready for bed. Well Matthew decided he was in no way tired. So instead of fighting it we decided to let him stay up with Andrew and watch TV. As Drew and I were falling asleep the two of them were bouncing off the walls. We finally decided to bite the bullet and put them in bed. Matthew was not going to let us win this battle easily. First we tried laying with him, then we tried letting him cry. The next thing I know there was a knock at his bedroom door! YES, HE GOT OUT OF HIS CRIB! What on earth were we going to do now? Drew decided to lay with him again until he was asleep so he wouldn’t get hurt. He finally fell asleep and Drew was able to escape. Then at 3am we hear a scream and a knock at the door again. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So Drew grabs his pillow and a blanket and goes to camp out with Matthew for the rest of the night. Needless to say we were hoping for a little more sleep to start off our weekend of unpacking and organizing.

More to come...

1 comment: