Thursday, August 19, 2010

Camp Pacifico/Soccer Mom

This will be a good test of my memory. I have been slacking on blog updates and now I have to think back.

So we had Andrew's birthday party on July 31st and then that night we took the whole family to the Pacifico's house for our inaugural Camp Pacifico party. They just moved closer to us and have a great house with pool and lots of TVs so we decided to call it Camp Pacifico because "there's something for everyone." We even had T-shirts made. Here we all are with our shirts on. Once again Drew came through with the tripod.


After the picture we headed out to the yard for some soccer. A little back story...All the parents got an email from Ascension Soccer saying 100 boys signed up fro Pre K soccer and 0 coaches signed up, would anyone be interested? I thought it would be bad if I didn't offer to help since I do have a bit of a soccer background. John Pacifico agreed to be my assistant which is awesome and Blake and Andrew get to be on the same team. I didn't think much of being the coach until I started getting FLOODED with emails the week before Andrew's party. I was a little overwhelmed by everything that had to be done but it's all coming together and most importantly I'm hoping Andrew and the rest of the Pre K boys have an awesome "first" soccer experience. So back to the point, we played a little soccer with the kids until they started to melt.


Then it was time to jump in the pool!





After some swimming we had a delicious steak dinner and a few Pacificos...Camp Pacifico wouldn't be complete without the appropriate beverage.

Thanks for a great time and MANY more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment