Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I had a VERY special Mother's Day week. Monday, Matthew's class had a special Mother's Day Celebration/May Crowning for Mothers and to honor our Mother in heaven. Matthew prepared a special snack of fruit kabobs and vanilla wafers. After our special snack he gave me a book of pictures he made for me and then we went outside and he put a flower in front of Mary's statue. After everyone put their flowers in a vase the kids sang two songs. I was so proud of him he actually sang and did the motions. A few times during the celebration he asked me where dad was and then afterwards when he realized dad was with Molly but had to go back to work he got very upset...hence the picture of him screaming with his "mother" after the "mother's day" celebration.:)



Wednesday was Andrew's special Mother's Day Celebration. We did the flower and songs first and then went back to his classroom for a delicious cookie decorated by him. He gave me a framed picture of a drawing of me and fun facts about me, that he answered...quite comical. Drew had a meeting that he couldn't miss so my wonderful brother drove around with Molly.

Here is what Andrew said about me:
My mom is the most wonderful mom in the whole world. She is as pretty as a flower. My mom is 17 feet tall, and her favorite food is chili. In the good old days when mom was little, she used to play on the computer. I think mom looks funny when she tells funny jokes. I wish my mom would play Legos with me every day. I wouldn't trade my mom for my bedside tables. Happy Mother's Day!
line leader

notice the beautiful corsage he made me
Friday Drew and I went to the Cardinal game with one of Drew's clients and his wife. It was a beautiful evening and we were fortunate enough to have "green" seats for the game. The Cardinals played great and we enjoyed our evening out as adults. The kids did very well for the sitter and most importantly were all asleep before we got home.


The Saturday before Mother's Day Andrew had a baseball game. This game he got all of his hits without the tee!!! After the game we got FroYo again and then I went grocery shopping for Mother's Day brunch at our house the next day. When I got home I picked up Molly and gave her a kiss and...she was on fire:(. She really wasn't acting sick besides a runny nose but I knew I couldn't risk having my nieces, especially Natalie over with Molly having a fever. So after spending a fortune at the grocery store, I called my family and let them know we would have to cancel. My mom said she and my dad would still come over and help us eat some of the food.



#1 fan!

So Sunday Drew went to mass first at 6:30, what a saint! Then I went at 8:30. When I got home Drew had everything ready! The sandwiches were made and on nice trays, bacon was cooked and sitting out, the pastries were out, waffle batter was ready for the waffle iron and the ingredients were chopped for the omelets. All I had to do was make mimosas!!! It was a very relaxing and delicious brunch with my parents. Drew and the kids gave me a beautiful frame and a monogrammed wine bottle koozie and my parents gave me an orchid and a NICE bottle of wine. After we ate the kids played out front for a while. Then grandma and poppa left for golf and the kids went down for naps. After naps Andrew had a "make up" baseball game so we got to enjoy our second Pre K game of the weekend! Mother's Day evening was very low key but fun. Thanks for a wonderful Mother's Day family!!!

Andrew made this while he was waiting for his clock to turn to a 6

No comments:

Post a Comment