Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bye, Bye Binky!!

Matthew caught what Molly had the day after Mother's Day. He stayed home from school, was pretty stuffy and had a fever but was in good spirits. He was especially happy when we built a fort. That night as I was laying him down he had his pacifier laying next to him because he couldn't breathe with it in. I had the great idea of taking it away from him and just seeing what happened. After I did it I felt like a horrible mother. Not only is he sick but the one thing that soothes him has been taken away. Oh and we were leaving to go out of town so he would be in an unfamiliar environment without his security. He did great that night and I promised him we would get a big reward after he gave his binky to the garbage man. He threw it in the trash and said, "bye, bye". After we took Andrew to school we went to Target and he picked out a Handy Manny Construction set and was very excited. The next few day he cried a few times wanting it to sleep but I must admit it has been much less painful that I anticipated. The big negative is: He takes MUCH shorter naps and wakes up REALLY early. Matthew has always been my GREAT sleeper. Now I know why...Drew and I were tempted to give all 3 a pacifier after this experience (in hopes of the kids sleeping later) but we know in the end our dentist will be happy;) WAY TO GO MATTHEW!!! (Next step...potty training, and no that doesn't mean a train with potty on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment