Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where do I begin

Man have we been busy! So Drew and I met with our realtor (my God mother) Kathy Crane last Tuesday. We decided it's time to put our cute LITTLE house on the market. Kathy came over and told us some things that would be good to get done before we list it. Luckily, there were no surprises and somethings we thought we would have to do that she didn't think would be necessary. So we made our list and have been busy marking things off.

Thursday night we decided to relax and have a movie night. Drew and I watched Marley and Me once the boys were in bed. Talk about a tear jerker! I thought it was a great movie, everyone can use a good cry every once in a while. Drew said I may as well have rented Friday the 13th (guess it wasn't what he expected).
The timing worked out really well because last Friday (Good Friday) Drew and my mom were off work. So we rented a UHAUL and cleared out our basement storage so potential buyers could actually see the storage instead of wall to wall boxes. My dad, brother John and Drew's friend Graham ended up coming over as well to help out. Thank you everyone!


Then Saturday, after we dyed our eggs, my mom, Andrew, and I went flower shopping while Drew and Matthew waited for the mulch to be delivered. We picked up more pansies than you could imagine (I found out they are really the only flowers you can safely plant right now with our crazy weather) and some pretty flowers for our pots which can be moved in at night. So during naps Drew and I planted away and were happy with the results. Then it was off to a quick dinner and back to Lowes for the 4th time in two days. On this trip we picked up a few bushes and more potting soil to finish our yard project. Later that night I found out I am not in "planting" shape as I was unable to move with the pain in my lower back.


EASTER was a great day! We went to our usual 7:30 mass. Drew surprised me with Starbucks after. Then we came home and the Eater bunny had stopped by while we were at church. Matthew picked up one egg and lost interest while Andrew hunted away. Then we laid Matthew down for a nap and Andrew watched the new train movie the Easter bunny left in his basket. Then we headed to my parents for a delicious brunch and outdoor Easter egg hunt. Matthew REALLY got into this one. It was so cute. Andrew and Kiersten were all over the place getting as many eggs as possible while Matthew was in his own little world collecting his own eggs. He then convinced my dad to take him back outside and "rehide" the eggs so he could do it all over again. I guess it was a good thing we had a practice hunt at home. The boys took naps at Grandma and Poppas while the adults watched the Masters. Then we came home to unload, then guess where we went?! Yep, Lowes.




Monday my mom was off school again so she came by and helped me with some house stuff while Andrew was at school, she couldn't believe how quiet the house was:) Thanks so much for all your help mom. Then Monday evening we headed to the Mac store because my computer would not turn on. Unfortunately my hard drive had crashed ( I know shocking with a Mac!) but the good news was they replaced it for free and Drew had backed everything up a few weeks ago so not much was lost. Thank you God!

Tuesday, we had Jim, the tree guy come out and trim our big front tree. It was the best entertainment the boys have had in a while (too bad it wasn't cheap). Then Jim told me he had to get his other truck to get all the wood. I thought he would be back shortly but there were still hundreds of limps in our yard as we went to bed last night.

Yesterday Drew headed to jury duty:) I took Andrew to school and luckily when I got back Jim was here cleaning up the mess! I must say, the neighbors were quite intrigued by the mess so it was nice to have it out of the way. Matthew and I met Drew at Quiznos on his "lunch break" it was really nice. We rarely get to see Drew during the work day. Then Drew surprised us and came home around 4 and said he didn't have to go back to jury duty! My mom offered to watch the boys so Drew and I could grab a bite. We had a delicious meal at Deweys and realized we needed to have some adult conversation, thanks again mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment