Monday, July 13, 2009

You Want Me to Wear WHAT?!

Wednesday I had my monthly check up for our baby girl. I had another ultra sound b/c last month it was too early to see a couple of things that they like to check. So I was able to see our cutie pie again. She was laying on her belly (of course another belly sleeper). And it looked like she discovered her hands. At one point the tech switched it to 3D and I got to see her hand right next to her face. She opened it and closed it like she was waving. It was so cute! See her profile pic and the 3D of her hand by her face below (keep in mind she's only 21 weeks in the pic so it's a little skeletal looking).

Then I went to my appointment with my doctor. Everything checked out well. Then I asked him about this new collection of veins I have on my right leg. It's pretty gross in my opinion. He was like oh yeah, that's common especially on your right side. So what do I do? "Oh you need to get these leggings so they don't get worse and then a % of them will go away a few weeks after she's born, the other will have to be fixed surgically." My first thought: just start signing me up for surgeries after this pregnancy, between this and the hernia, my goodness! Then he goes on to tell me I'll need the "industrial strength" and they'll take me 30 minutes to put on and they'll have to go from my ankles past my belly AND I'll be about 300 degrees once they are on. REALLY? I'm glad men think this is so comical. Drew couldn't get enough of it and I don't even have the stupid things yet.

So Thursday, I go to the medical supply store that he tells me have the "industrial strength". I walk in with both boys and am totally freaked out by all the medical supplies they have just sitting out (including the toilet chair things). I'm like Andrew, don't touch a thing! So they ask how they can help, I'm sure I'm the youngest person that has walked into the store this year. I'm like I need those "legging things". The nurse says, "right this way." I'm thinking she'll lead me to the section and I'll pick out my size and be on my way...WRONG. She leads me to a team of nurses who specialize in these stockings. Oh boy, then the nurse asks for my prescription. What prescription? "Well we need to know which "level" you need." I tell them I need industrial strength. Well that's not good enough. So she gives me the paper work to take to my doctor then I can come back in and get them ordered. Oh and yes, they can cost up to $200. I'm beginning to think my veins are much improving and I should just get a new pair of designer jeans:)

Of course by the time I leave the store my doctors office is closed so I have to wait to give my doctor a piece of my mind. Then of course he is off on Friday. So I leave a message with his nurse and am waiting on the next chapter of this wonderful comedy. I'm sure there will be more details and I'm sure I will not have any pictures of this chapter of my pregnancy. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm awful, uncomfortable, ugly and time consuming leggings OR cute designer jeans that you will look hot in right after this little girls comes.....tough decision, Liz!! ;)

    ReplyDelete