Tuesday, March 2, 2010

USA!

It was so fun watching the winter Olympics! Our whole family got into the hockey game on Sunday...we were bummed with the loss in overtime but proud of the USA. Molly earned a gold medal in rolling. She is all over the place. I try laying a blanket out but we are constantly having to put her back on because she just rolls and rolls. She is also starting to grab toys. Such a big girl.



Thankfully our life is pretty low key right now. Drew is having to work some longer hours but with the kids healthy (knock on wood) I can handle it. Of course we are so ready for winter to be over so we can spend time outside but it looks like we may get up to 40 today and 50 by the weekend!!! We are loving the bounce house and got a lot of use out of it last week. I am also thankful that I didn't have to cook on Friday and Christina prepared a delicious Lenten dinner of stuffed shells. Thanks for having us over John, Christina, and Josie.


The latest on the boys:
Andrew is really getting into Legos and building the little car and truck sets. He got two new sets over the weekend and has really impressed me with his building ability. I have to admit it's kind of fun.

Thursday he got in the car from school and said, "MOM, CHUCKY CAME TO SCHOOL!!" WHAT? It took me a second but I figure out that the animal from Chucky Cheese came to his school to promote their fundraiser. Not what I was expecting him to get in the car and say.

Today on the way home from school out of the blue he said, "Mom can we google to see how Ellen gets those really big gift cards?"

Matthew is really into watching The Elf (yes, with Will Farrell, don't judge:)). He quotes the movie all the time. So the other night he said, "Watch the Elf?"
Me: Maybe after dinner
Matthew: Love the Elf
Andrew: Matthew the Elf isn't real.
Matthew: Love the Elf
Andrew: Mom, Matthew thinks the Elf is a live, action movie.
I think he was trying to say that it's not real and you can't love someone who isn't real. But honestly I'm not sure.

Matthew's sayings of the week:
"Like me's" instead of, that's like mine. I started correcting him and he says it the right way a lot of the time now but the other way is much cuter.
Shrugging shoulders saying, "don't care"
Whenever someone sneezes, without skipping a beat, "Bless you (insert name here)"
He is really a funny kid. They make me laugh all the time. I'm so thankful I am able to be at home with them and hear the funny things they have to say and receive all their hugs and kisses. Sounds cheesy but it's true. Now don't get me wrong getting away every once in a while is a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment