Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day of School

Andrew had his first day of school the Tuesday after Labor Day. Unfortunately I had to get some dental work done so I didn't get to take him to school. Drew said he did great heading back to school and Matthew was very upset it wasn't his first day. I got a picture with him before I had to leave and Drew snapped some more while I was gone.


Then Wednesday was Matthew's first day of school. Since he's a momma's boy I was a little concerned drop off could be painful...for both of us. We dropped Andrew off first and then I asked Matthew if he wanted me to drop him off or take him in. He opted for me to take him in. I parked the car and unloaded Molly and him. We walked in and he seemed a little overwhelmed but stayed brave. I gave him a quick kiss good bye and told him I'd see him in a little bit. Thankfully Allison was walking Chase in a few minutes after me. She told me that Matthew was just standing in the room looking lost when she walked in but he turned around and saw her and run up to her and gave her a huge hug with a huge smile on his face. Now that brought tears to my eyes but I was so thankful to hear he was doing well.



I decided to live up my first day with the boys at school and took Molly on a run then ran a couple of errands. I felt guilty making her miss her morning nap but as always she was a trooper. After school I took the boys to Toys R Us to get a special treat for doing so well at school the first day. Also, Drew was out of town so I figured a new toy to distract them would help my sanity later in the day:)



After Matthew napped we headed to watch John's freshman soccer team play since they were playing pretty close to our house and Drew was out of town. By the time we got to the game I knew there would only be about 20-30 minutes left which I figured would be about all the boys would pay attention to. Well unfortunately one of John's players broke his arm right before we got there. We were walking in as the ambulance was trying to get onto the field and they decided to call the game. Of course the boys didn't mind because seeing an ambulance in action made their day. And John let them get on the players bus as a special treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment