Wednesday, September 22, 2010

GOAAAAAAL!!!!

Saturday, September 11 we had our first soccer game. It was an exciting day as a mom, coach, and soccer player. I was so excited for Andrew and so happy he was enthusiastic about the big day. I was a little frazzled and nervous about coaching for the first time; getting everyone on the right field, switching players in and out, hoping the boys would have a some clue about what they were doing and most importantly that everyone would have fun. It was also exciting as a soccer player because it brought back so many memories and great times that I had during my career.

So the Pre K format is 3 v 3 on two different fields. Our team is basically split into two teams and then there are 2 other Pre K teams that split up and we rotate fields. It's pretty confusing basically the boys just need to know what goal to score on. I am on the field with them and try to coach and encourage while they are playing. After the games were over I was left with no voice!


The most exciting part of the day was Andrew's first goal! I probably don't need to type much because Drew captured my reaction:) Obviously I was so excited and I even got a little teary! It was awesome.

1 comment: