Thursday, February 10, 2011

Growing Too Fast

I had Andrew's Pre K parent teacher conference a few weeks ago. Apparently I'm a little more scatter brained that I thought. I was at a friend's house helping get ready for Trivia night and the two moms that were there were talking about conferences. It totally slipped my mind. I checked my email and my conference was at 11:10. I looked at the clock and it was 11:10! I ran out of there with Molly, my keys, and phone and left everything else behind. My friend called the school to let them know I was on my way. I got there about 15 minutes late but luckily Andrew's teacher was very understanding. I was still a little flustered but had a great conference. Andrew is doing very well in school and right on track for starting Kindergarten next year.

Monday, the 31st, Drew and I went to an open house at the school we are planning on sending Andrew to for Kindergarten. We were really pleased with the school and it seems like it is going to be a good fit for him. I think he is going to transition nicely into the "big" school. Me on the other hand, not so sure about:) They gave us a packet of information to go through and after reading 1 page I became overwhelmed and had to close it. It's a big new chapter in our lives and I know there will be an adjustment period but we'll all survive! As of right now, baby steps.

After the tour Drew headed back to work and I headed over to Matthew's building to peak in on him. I love watching him through the window when he can't see me. He was sitting with all the girls working on a puzzle such a ladies man:) I still had about an hour to kill until I had to pick up the boys so I hung out around school and let Molly take a little cat nap. It was starting to ice and sleet so I was glad I was hanging out close by.

Then we got home just in time to hunker down for SNOWMAGEDON!!! Nothing really hit us until Tuesday morning but boy was the anticipation exciting! The news stations were going crazy; saying they were calling in the national guard, special weather teams from "The Weather Channel", all the stores were out of bread, milk, and eggs, prepare for power outages! The sleet was coming down Tuesday morning and Drew decided that it would be better to work on our side of the bridge rather than risk the bridge being shut down (for the sake of our marriage:)). So he worked at Starbucks for most of the morning and then came home as the streets were starting to get bad and worked the rest of the day from home. The boys got to play outside a little bit right before lunch. Matthew wasn't a big fan of the sleet pelting him so he came in pretty quickly but Andrew was loving the fact that their ramp was super fast now with the ice and he was enjoying sledding all the way to our fence. After naps the boys got out some energy by playing Wii Active (they chose running and boxing) and of course Molly was right there with them!

We were still bracing ourselves for the big blizzard to hit that evening but as we were watching the news the system totally turned and pretty much left us with nothing to write home about. Of course the roads were pretty bad from the sleet all day but we were preparing for 2 feet of snow on top of that…didn't happen. It was a little bit of a disappointment but I'm sure after being snowed in for a few more days I would have been pulling out my hair and Drew would have probably rented a snow plow to get to the office:)

By Wednesday evening I was ready to get out of the house so I headed to bible study when Drew got home from work. The roads were still a little iffy but it was worth it. Friday morning we had a playdate at a friend's house. They have a little boy Andrew's age and a little boy Molly's age. Another friend was invited who has a little girl in Matthew's class so everyone had a friend to play with! Of course Matthew was too shy to talk to his "girl"friend until she was leaving;). I had the special treat of doing mother/daughter Zumba with my mom on Friday night. She loves her Zumba class and is always talking about how much fun it is and how it's a great workout. She is right, it was lots of fun and lots of laughs( I can't quite shake it like you're supposed to but I'm sure it was very entertaining to watch:)) After class we had dinner with my aunt, cousin and another mother/daughter friend. It was a great night out (too bad I didn't get any pictures:))!

Saturday we woke up to some real snow on top of our 9 inches of sleet/snow! We got about 3-4 inches over night and then once it stopped the sun came out. It was the perfect day to play in the snow. We had an early lunch and then got all of our gear on. The snow was finally the right consistency for a snowman so that's what we (Drew) did. Molly was little miss independent running all around on the snow. Luckily she was nice and padded. Her favorite part was the slide we made out of a big pile of snow…no fear. Andrew and Matthew were all over the place having a blast. Molly didn't quite make it to see the finished product of our snowman but she's in the picture. Poor thing was so worn out! She didn't even wake up when I took off all of her layers.





Superbowl Sunday we did lots of football arts and crafts and then headed to Grandma and Poppa's for the big game. Of course my mom and I didn't get to see much of the game but I think everyone had a good time. The kids danced during the half time show and the favorite commercial was Darth Vader on the VW commercial. The kids were up much later than normal (we left after the 3rd quarter) and boy did I pay for that the next day!





No comments:

Post a Comment