Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

We started celebrating early because grandma and poppa had a very fun Sunday dinner planned. Everyone got a special Valentines gift and of course it was the perfect gift for everyone. Molly got her favorite thing in the whole world...a boof (dog). Matthew got a package of construction trucks, and Andrew got a new Lego set. Then the kids and grandma made heart shaped sugar cookies. While the cookies baked Andrew quickly put together his Lego truck and of course demanded grandma must watch intently. Then while the cookies cooled and dinner was cooking grandma took the boys for a walk where they ran into a deer. Matthew said he almost got to pet it! After dinner the kids thought it would be a good idea to run on the treadmill, talk about A LOT of laughs! Thanks for a great Valentine's Eve Grandma and Poppa!



Valentine's Day got off to a bit of a rocky start. Andrew woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and could.not.sleep! After putting him back to bed several times I tried laying on his floor in hopes he would sleep. Not the case. So I decided to kick Drew out of our bed and take Andrew in there with me so he could watch TV and I could sleep. Drew then slept in Andrew's bed (or as Drew calls it, Andrew's mini bed).

As usual I debated on taking him to the doc or waiting it out. Since Matthew was going to school I decided to go ahead and take Andrew in so I didn't have to take all 3 Tuesday if he got worse. Of course it was a virus...but at least we knew. Poor Andrew was DEVASTATED that he had to miss his Valentine's Day party at school. I mean he spent all weekend writing the longest name ever on his cards:) Luckily since I did take Matthew to school that morning I was able to drop Andrew's Valentine cards after all that hard work.

They day did improve. A beautiful orchid was delivered from my wonderful husband and then he came have with a beautiful necklace! Major points! We had a nice relaxing evening eating Outback take out and hanging as a family. All in all it was a great day.

Their first date

No comments:

Post a Comment