Sunday, January 31, 2010

Memories

Last Wednesday Molly slept in her own room overnight for the first time. She did great and continues to be an amazing baby. We are so blessed! Oh, and she has decided to become a thumb sucker.

Matthew quickly recovered from his head injury and is becoming quite a character. The other day I was pumping a bottle for Molly and he came over and pointed to the milk and said, "Coffee?" I told him it was Molly's mike and he pointed again and said, "Hurts?" How cute is he? Looking out for his mommy:) He vocabulary has taken off like crazy he is talking non stop. I wish I could remember all of his funny sayings. He has two books that he is really into. One of them is a Wall E book called Smash Trash. He has almost the entire book memorized and fills in the words as I read. His favorite line in the book is "Oh a goody." The other day he got his favorite truck book out that Drew and I have probably read to him 20 times (in a 2 day span) and he started "reading" a couple words from each page. Obviously he wasn't reading but he was saying the right words on each particular page from memorization.

Andrew is really into this new train show, Chuggington, on the Disney channel. He decided one day that everyone in our family would be a character. He is Wilson, Matthew is Bruster, I am Koko, Molly is Little Koko (not really a character, just a mini me), and Drew is Dunbar. I'll ask Andrew to do something during the day and he'll say, "Mom, did you forget what we are doing? I am Wilson." Sorry, don't know how it slipped my mind. Matthew has caught on quite well and frequently calls me Koko throughout the day. "Bounce house Koko?" And then the other night Drew pulled in and the boys started yelling, "Dunbar is home, Dunbar is home!"

Recent Andrewisms:

A few weeks ago when my parents came over to watch the kids instead of having Sunday dinner. Andrew said to my mom, "I just sent Matthew a message on facebook to see if he wants to come over and play." I can't remember ever mentioning sending someone a message on facebook but obviously he picked up on it at some point.

Yesterday I asked him if he dried his hands after washing them. "My butt was itchy so then dried on my pants."

This morning Drew and Andrew were playing Legos. Andrew would come in the kitchen to show me their creations. Drew helped him follow the directions to build a helicopter all by himself. Andrew ran in and showed it to me. Then a few minutes later he ran back in and showed me the helicopter with a couple of extra pieces and said, "This is my imagination step that I forgot."

Tonight at Sunday dinner Andrew was washing his hands before dinner. He was with my mom using soap that had little beads in it. He asked what they were and she told them they get your hands cleaner. He said, "You mean like they kill the germs?" She told him yes and he said, "Do they have little guns in them?" She asked where he learned about guns and he said, "It was on a show I saw at Biminim's house" (his imaginary friend).

And last but not least I cut 6 inches off of my hair! I guess you can say I have a "mom cut". I'll post pictures as soon as I download them.

No comments:

Post a Comment