Tuesday, January 26, 2010

OUCH!!!

So last evening we decided to make a trip to Home Goods in hopes of finding something for our dining room wall and something for the front entry. Drew met us there and the kids were troopers. We found a few things. One being a bench for our front entry. We headed out to the car and it was really windy and freezing. I had the stroller with Matthew and Molly and Drew had Andrew and our purchases. I ran to the car, got Matthew out, put him in the car and told him to stand by his seat. Then I turned around to get Molly and by the time I turned back around Matthew was face first on the pavement! I have no idea what happened! Obviously he fell out of the car but I don't know how. I picked him up and saw a HUGE knot on his forehead along with a nice scrape. My stomach sinks just typing it. I felt horrible. Drew became the calm one in the situation and helped calm everyone down. Matthew was acting fine once he got over the shock so we headed home. Not what I expected on our short little shopping trip.



Matthew was up several times during the night. We are guessing it's because he likes to sleep with his hands on his face and then his face down. I think he would touch it and then it would hurt and wake him up. Drew ended up sleeping on his floor. He is truly SUPER dad. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Here's a pic of the boys ready to take Andrew to school on the new bench. Now we just need some art work above it.


Some recent Andrewisms:

He is really turning into quite the mathematician like his dad. Yesterday after nap he wanted to watch his new favorite show, Chuggington. There are 3 mini episodes on each show. After the first show was over he asked to watch another one. I told him that was enough and he said, "If I watched another show I would have watched 6 episodes!"

This morning when we were waiting for Andrew to get out of the car at school, Matthew was telling Andrew to stay. Andrew said, "Matthew, next year you're going two days and I'm going four so you'll only miss me two days."

This morning when I was trying to get all 3 kids out the door by 8:30, Matthew was throwing one of his "two year old fits" and Andrew was helping me by keeping Molly happy. I heard Andrew say, "Molly, wouldn't it be great if there were just no two year olds?"

No comments:

Post a Comment