Friday, June 11, 2010

A Day in the Life

Today is a day I will look back on and think, "those were the days" but today I was thinking, "Really?". Nothing bad or out of the ordinary happened it was just an annoying "mom" day. So it started at 5:30 because that's what time Andrew wakes up everyday, no matter what time he goes to bed. Then Molly woke up at 6 and Drew was already half way to work. Matthew has decided that napping is a bad idea the past few days so amazingly he slept in until 9! In theory this is awesome but by the time he woke up, Molly was already an hour into morning nap and Andrew was beyond bored. Once Matthew eased into the morning and I got some cleaning out of the way I fed Molly and decided we would take a walk. I put Molly in the stroller and the boys drove the Gator. About 5 min from our house the Gator completely died. This wasn't a big deal b/c we really weren't far from home. I made Andrew get out since he weighs the most and decided I would have Matthew steer while I pushed the Gator and the stroller. Then I got and even better idea, have Andrew push the Gator. This would have worked perfectly if Matthew actually knew how to steer. Instead, he would turn the wheel completely one direction and Andrew would push him in a circle. So I tried steering and guiding while pushing the stroller. Needless to say it took us a while to get home and both Andrew and I were very frustrated.

Once we were home, the rest of the morning consisted of Andrew pushing Matthew's buttons and Matthew losing all vocabulary and screaming. I decided vacuuming would be a good way to "quiet" them. Unfortunately, Molly didn't think being set down was a good idea so she helped me. Then it was finally getting time for lunch and Molly was getting tired. I laid her down and started making lunch. My laid back Molly was screaming which is unusual but happens every once in a while when she is over tired. I looked on the monitor and SHE WAS STANDING UP! We haven't lowered her crib yet and she was about to fall out. I ran upstairs grabbed her and finished making lunch one handed. Once the boys were settled I decided to try and lay Molly down again, this time I took out her bumper pads, thinking she may have been using them as leverage. I came back down, checked the monitor and sure enough she was standing up again! I needed Drew to help me lower the crib so I ended up putting her to sleep in my arms and then laying her down.

Then it was time to put the boys down. Matthew has been going through this phase of fighting his nap. I know he needs it because when he does fall asleep it's for a long time. Anyway, he fought it, I laid with him, tried leaving, laid with him, we did this for about an hour. Then Molly woke up and Matthew finally fell asleep and of course Andrew woke up. Just 5 minutes to myself would have been nice, but that wasn't in the cards. When Drew got home we went on a family run, made dinner, did baths, then bed. Of course Matthew threw a HUGE fit at bedtime. I told him I would lay with him for one song which usually works but not this night. So it ended up being 9:00 before everyone was in be asleep. What a tiring day!

In other news, last Friday, Max pointed out a turtle in our neighbor's backyard. I was so excited because right before he noticed it I was sitting there wondering what on Earth we would do that morning. We went over to the neighbors yard to get the turtle but by the time we got there it was nowhere to be found. Now how does a turtle disappear in 2 minutes? I finally noticed it by the neighbor's basement door in between all the hoses. I thought I would just pick it up and carry it to our house. Well, I kind of freaked out when it's long legs came out and the claws scratched me. I decided we needed to get a box. So I ran home while the boys kept and eye on it. Then I put it in the box; we gave it grass and a bowl of water and loaded it up in the Gator so we could take it back to the pond. When we got it out of the box it literally looked like it was sprinting to the pond. Who knew turtles could move so fast? We looked in to see it swim away and noticed it landed on it's back and was stuck in the mud. I had to flip it over and then it was on it's way. The boys were so excited about the whole experience.





On Saturday, we went to the neighborhood pool for the first time and the kids loved it! Drew finally realized I wasn't crazy since I've been telling him there is no way I can take all 3 kids by myself. Molly of course needs to be held the entire time. Matthew doesn't realized you can't run in the pool so he fell face first a couple of time and Andrew can stand but you never know what he's up to if you don't keep a close eye on him. So we made a trip to Target that evening to buy a "ghetto" pool to tide us over until the dad can go with us.




Molly is cutting her first tooth. It's starting to poke through on the bottom. She doesn't seem to mind too much so I'm hoping that continues and she's a good teether. She is also sitting up completely unassisted and goes from laying down to sitting up on her own. I was shocked the first time I walked in her room this week and she was just sitting there. I love this age. She can also get where she wants to go by scooting. She gets up on all fours but still only rocks. Now I can't take my eyes off of her for a second because she prefers the boys toys much more than her own. And Molly is quite stubborn in the food department. She is still refusing a bottle and HATES baby food. I have tried everything ( I think, any suggestions would be great). I even tried those crazy messy biter biscuits which I thought were going to work but as soon as a piece got in her mouth she freaked out and spit it out ASAP. I'm thinking there is definitely a texture issue.


The boys are really starting to act like brothers. Andrew has started telling Matthew to do and say things so Matthew will get in trouble. Then he laughs and Matthew enjoys Andrew thinking he's funny so he continues to do it. If I leave them unattended someone is always hurt, crying, or whining when I get back. "Potty talk" is their favorite past time these days. Oh the joys! I did discover that we have a tiny library in walking distance to our house so we have been making daily trips up there for new books and DVDs...great way to pass the time and keep everyone happy....for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment