Thursday, June 3, 2010

Amigos

I found a mom as crazy a me! Last weekend, my mom told me that a teacher from her school's friend was moving relatively close to us AND she has 2 boys and a girl the same age as my kids. The excitement doesn't stop there...she said, "I know we would really get along if she runs and drinks":) I have a new BFF and have no idea who she is! After talking to my mom, I came home and found out that my BFF contacted me on facebook. The craziest thing...I know her! We went to the same high school and even though she is 5 years older than me our paths have crossed several times because of field hockey. What a small world!

So my new/old friend Allison and I set a play date and met at Faust Park last week. The kids had a great time. I knew we would get along great when she pulled up in the same minivan and said, "hey, nice wheels!" I called Drew as soon as we left and was like, "you'll never guess what she drives!" He said now if they have a black lab this is just going to be too weird....they have a chocolate.

Friday we had my friend Tracy and her husband over for dinner. They were such troopers because they are pregnant with their first and our house is chaotic. The boys were so excited to have guests. Andrew came down from nap in a t-shirt, clip on tie, sunglasses, and a hat. He said he was getting dressed up for Tracy. Luckily we got the kids in bed at a reasonable hour and were able to have some nice adult conversation. It was a lot of fun...maybe too much:)

Saturday I met my mom for a girls day. We did some shopping, I got fit for a bridesmaids dress and had a delicious lunch. It was so nice having my mom all to myself for a few hours. We had a nice family afternoon when I got back. The boys decided to "wash" my car and didn't realize that my phone was nearby. I wasn't too upset because my mom was on her way over to watch the kids so Drew and I could have a date night. The date started off with a trip to the Sprint store to find out my phone had water damage. They erased all my data and said it should work for a few weeks before completely dying. AWESOME. Then we had a very nice dinner at BC's. It was so nice to take our time, talk without being interrupted AND not have to do baths and bedtime. Thanks mom!

Sunday we went to church and then had Allison's family over for dinner. It was the first time for the husbands to be involved and everything went great. We had a very low key dinner and everyone seemed to have a great time. We were even able to have bits and pieces of adult conversation.


Then Monday our little family went exploring at a park close to our house and had a picnic. I didn't think to bring bug spray so the lunch portion was short lived but the boys enjoyed exploring before they got too hot and tired. Then we came home and rested up before our Memorial Day/Grandma's birthday celebration. Andrew was pretty much done by this point and had a few melt downs but overall it was a great night. It's so much fun when all the cousins get together.









Molly has really grown up a lot this week. She is sitting unassisted and scooting/crawling. Basically she can get where she wants to go which is scary since the boys toys are everywhere. Looks like it's time to baby proof and change some rules for the toys.

We laid low the past couple of days to let the kids recover from such a busy weekend. I've been debating boarding school for Andrew:) JUST KIDDING! Today we went to Allison's house and had a play date. They haven't moved closer to us yet but we wanted to get together again before their summer/moving gets too crazy. Molly has started a strange schedule of waking up at 5:30 and then going down for her morning nap at 7:30. So we left for their house when she woke up and she was so happy the entire time. The boys had so much fun playing with all the trucks her boys had. As we were leaving they both asked if we could write birthday lists when we got home because they wanted ALL the same trucks as Blake and Chase. We left there and decided to meet Drew for lunch since we were so close to him. As I put the car into park at The Daily Bread, Andrew said, "mom what is all over Molly?" I opened her door and she was cover from head to toe in poop! Oh my gosh, where was I even going to begin in cleaning her up. Luckily I had just refilled my wipes and I just started going to town. It was a disaster but I got her as clean as possible, changed her clothes, washed our hands and we had a great lunch. Of course the boys were at the end of their ropes when we got home and there was lots of screaming and crying but everyone ended up sleeping. I can deal if everyone naps. It was a great day!

1 comment: