Monday, June 28, 2010

Father's Day/ Anniversary

I know it's been a while but Molly is officially crawling and my life just got a whole lot crazier, didn't think that was possible. She is crawling everywhere and pulling herself up using couches and chairs. The other day she pulled herself up and turned around and tried to take a step. Of course she fell but seriously, she's 7 months! I'm looking for baby ankle weights.

We had a very nice Father's Day. It was also our 7th Anniversary but we decided to make it a special day for Drew. Drew played golf with my dad and brothers in the morning. I took the kids to get donuts and then we came home and started making all kinds of gifts for dad. We painted a big sign, made a picture frame and card, and painted rocks that said "Dad Rocks". On the way home from getting donuts as we were talking about things we could do to make dad's day special, Andrew came up with the idea to save some of his donut for dad so you'll see in the picture there is a little bag with a piece of each boy's donut. So sweet!


Drew got home from golf during nap time so he was able to relax and cool down from his HOT match. Then we went to mass since we were busy the night before and Sunday morning. We had Andrew take a picture of us when we got home so we could remember our 7th Anniversary.

Tuesday we met our old neighbor's the Fitzpatricks at their grandma's pool for a swim. It was so good to see them again and hang out. The kids had a great time. I didn't manage to keep Matthew or Molly awake on the way home but luckily Matthew transferred...that is huge!


Wednesday Andrew had a great day! We have been using a "penny" system of discipline for him for several months. He starts the day off with 25 pennies, however many pennies he ends up with at the end of the day equals the number of minutes he can watch TV before bed. Each time he does something he knows is wrong, he loses a penny. Well, Wednesday was the first day since we started this system that he had 25 pennies at the end of the day. We have always told him if he keeps ALL of his pennies he'll get a special reward. Here he is on his big day!


Thursday I did my favorite thing in the whole world and went to get some work done at the dentist;) Of course every time I go to the dentist it is worse than the dentist expects. He was working on three teeth and one of them ended up needing a root canal. So he scheduled an appointment for me to get that done as I was leaving. Then I went back to my parent's to get the kids with a very numb mouth.

Friday we had a fun birthday party for Andrew's buddy Dylan. It was at Rainbow Recreation (the place that sells really nice play sets). The boys had a blast running from one set to the next. Andrew and his buddies pretended they were pirates and Matthew couldn't get enough of the "tunnel" slide. Then Friday night my parents came over to watch the kids so we could go out for our anniversary. I realized I didn't have my camera as we were leaving but didn't dare go back in so we don't have any pictures of our date night. We met John and Allison at Villa Farroto and then went to Fox and Hound after for a few drinks. It was a ton of fun but we got home a little late...Sorry mom and dad! I think we were just really excited to be having adult conversation...we got carried away. Our gift to each other for our anniversary was a new digital camera. It's a bigger/improved camera that takes great pictures. We still have our little digital to keep in my purse for snapshots.

Saturday Drew took the boys to Lowes for a Build and Grow activity. They come home with some really cool monster trucks that they constructed. I think Drew had fun too considering his favorite store in the whole world is Lowes.



Sunday Drew's friend Sam and his wife Candice stopped by since they were in town for a wedding. It was so good to see Sam again and meet Candice for the first time. Sam was also a huge help in moving a few pieces of furniture with Drew that needed rearranging. Thanks Sam. Then Sunday evening we had a photographer come over and take pictures of the kids. He did an amazing job. He was so good with the kids. I'll be sure to post a link as soon as the pictures are available.

Monday and Tuesday were character building days for me. I had my root canal on Monday and then more work done on Tuesday. I was not blessed with good teeth and it's a pain but trust me, things could be worse.

AND FINALLY, today we went and visited Christina and Josie for a little play date. It was so fun to play in their basement which they converted into a play area for Josie. Of course the boys got a little rowdy towards the end so I knew it was time to go. We had so much fun AND an added bonus: I was able to keep Matthew awake on the ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment