Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Big 6-0

Yes, I'm way behind on blogging...anyway...

HAPPY 60th MOM!!!! What an amazing mother, friend, and teacher you are! My hope for this big day was to make my mom feel as special as possible! I met her for a little shopping and lunch before Andrew's baseball game. She kindly came to his game on her special day and then took the kids out for FroYo to celebrate with them. Drew and I hurried home to get the kids down for naps and prepare for the adult only party that evening.

If you read the previous blog you know Matthew and Molly were just getting over their illnesses. So needless to say leaving them with the sitter was quite a challenge. I told her she would earn her money and I had faith in her:). I texted her about 30 minutes after we left and she said all was calm and everyone was happy. YEAH!!! Time for a Cosmo!

Drew and I were the last to arrive so we met my mom, dad, brothers and their wives in the bar. I had the slideshow all ready to go and made sure my dad had made arrangements for a TV and DVD player in a back room. Of course the DVD player didn't work but I was prepared and brought my computer JUST IN CASE! My mom and everyone else loved the slideshow. I must admit it turned out pretty well. My biggest challenge once I had all the pictures was picking out music but with the help of everyone else involved it turned out great. (Drew was so tired of me talking about the slideshow and music!)

After the slideshow we sat down for an amazing dinner. The adult conversation was priceless. I can't remember the last time my immediate family got together without kids. We need to do that more often...it was so much fun! My mom's big gift was a iPad. We decided on the iPad for two reasons. First of all she will be traveling to Greece for her big present with my dad and she loves to read. We debated on getting her a kindle but also know she needs a new computer so we met in the middle and bought her an iPad. She can read books and check email! I had a few apprehensions because I know new technology can be a little overwhelming but she took the challenge head on and LOVES it! The next morning she called to let me know she had already set everything up and downloaded a few books. I'm so proud mom!



Jill made beautiful centerpieces for the table and Christiana brought a delicious cake for dessert in the shape of the Greek flag. It was the perfect evening. As we headed back west we got a call from John asking us to meet he and Christina for one more drink. Why not! It was an amazing night, our sitter had all 3 in bed at a reasonable hour and everyone made it home safe and sound.

1 comment: