Saturday, July 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

After Andrew's baseball game on Saturday we headed to some friends' house for dinner. It wasn't exactly a warm sunny day so instead of playing in the pool, the kids played in the bounce house and of course with toys. Molly had a runny nose and a little cough but I knew she was getting her last tooth so I was pretty sure it was because of her teeth. As the night went on she was very crabby and not acting like herself. She was also starting to feel warm. We headed home and got everyone in bed then in the middle of the night she woke up with a 102 fever. Poor thing was miserable. She was tossing and turning all night long and seemed miserable.

Watch out!
The 1 year olds
Dinner time!
Mmmm desert!
Sunday we were supposed to go the the Benoist family reunion. We were all very excited about this fun day ahead but unfortunately I knew it would be best to keep Molly home. So instead we laid low. We got the blow up pool out for the boys. Molly was in great spirits during the day but still had a fever. She was the only one who actually got in the pool and sat down, the boys said it was too cold. We did a lot of stuff around the house and had a nice day hanging out as a family. We found a lizard (I think) right inside our garage so the kids had fun with that until we let him go rejoin his family.

Always entertained by hoses
Our lizard friend
Molly had another bad night and I was really hoping the pediatrician's office would be open Monday but no luck! I also noticed that Matthew had 5 huge welts on his back and neck. They looked similar to the hives he got after he had Amoxicillin for the first time. They told me to discontinue the antibiotics he was on for his teeth and bring he and Molly in the next day. My parents invited us over for ribs Monday evening and since Molly was in such good spirits during the day we decided to go for it. We were dying to get out of the house! We had a fun night hanging with grandma and poppa...and the cicadas. (There were very few at our house but my parents had a million. It was so LOUD). The ribs were delicious! They grabbed our reunion t-shirts for us so we were very excited to try them out and get a family picture:).
A Solo Tea Party
Reunion shirts!
Tuesday we took a trip to the pediatrician. After Matthew's dentist experience he was not excited about this visit and he made it clear to the entire staff. Very embarrassing but I'm sure it's not the first time this has happened. It ended up that Molly had a double ear infection and Matthew had a reaction to mosquito bites. So we headed to Walgreens, got some hydrocortisone cream and some Amoxicillin. Then it was back home to lay low. Every free second I had I was working on the slideshow for my mom's birthday surprise.
Miserable 
Sums up our week

Thursday I had to go to a pre op appointment for my umbilical hernia repair. My mom watched the kids. Over the weekend we had discovered that baby ducks were living at our pond so the kids went to check on them and show grandma. My mom and I both agreed that Molly was not back to her old self and mean while Matthew had developed a fever and cough. I debated going back to the doctor and finally decided when no one would nap, just scream, that we should head back. Sure enough Molly was not responding to the Amoxicillin and her ears were now full of puss:( He said Matthew probably had a virus and the antibiotic he had been on was still in his body so even if it was something he probably wouldn't give him another prescription. So back to Walgreens we went to get Molly next round of antibiotics. I got home just in time for the air conditioner repair man. Our AC conveniently went out that week as well. Then Drew got home and offered to grill something for dinner so I could go on a run. GREAT! Andrew and Molly wanted to come with me but I didn't care, I was just excited to get a run in. Molly ended up falling asleep and slept through dinner. After dinner she wanted to swing and while I was pushing her she got very sick all over the swing. Poor thing! Must have been in so much pain from her ears, the new medicine probably upset her stomach and she hadn't eaten in probably 5 days. Oh and I was pushing her on a swing...

Refusing to nap...
By Friday everyone seemed to be on the mend. I was very grateful for this because we had my mom's big celebration Saturday. I knew leaving the kids with a sitter was going to be tough but at least they were feeling better.  

Ice Cream and Yogurt the only things she would eat

No comments:

Post a Comment