Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Drew's 2nd Update

3 hours and 51 minutes into a rainy overcast day in the big city.
When we hitched our wagon this morning in Dardenne Prairie, Liz and I
thought we would be in the pre-labor part of LDR most of the day like
Matthew's birth. Once we got settled the RN checked Liz and called her OB,
Dr. Shaner. They collectively decided on the quicker induction method which
excited Liz and I......2 hours later Karen came back and said Shaner had
problems with the new computer systems, like many of the more senior
doctors. It all got worked out and Liz finally started her induction
Medicine.
Once she was hooked up we decided to watch a DVD Liz picked out this
morning huddled under a Redbox canopy in the rain. Our selection this time
is "The Proposal." We are mostly through the movie but the remote keeps
tricking me and the disc is scratched.
Liz is having real contractions. She asked that I check them out on the
monitor. For you rookies out there, the monitor has a tape it prints the
activity on, like a lie detctor. When it comes out the nurse folds it up.
When I checked the tape as Liz asked, I was able to knock it in a way that
unraveled the entire tape like a slinky down a long stair case. I was
trying to fix my mistake when the RN walked in, I am sure I looked like
Will Farrel because what I was doing was not working.
Anyway, Liz is having contractions about 4-5 minutes apart and progressing
nicely. Still no good ETA for Molly. Stay tuned.
Drew McLaughlin, CPA
Vice President, Enterprise Trust Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment