Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Molly Decided to Make her Debut

The nurse came in and checked me about 10:30 to see if I had made any progress and I had made a little but not much. About an hour later Holly, the nurse came in because Molly had a decel in her heart rate. She turned off the potocin and put me on oxygen. Molly came around and I started feeling a lot of pressure. She said well maybe that's why the baby was acting up. She checked me and I was ready to push! We were all surprised so she rushed to get Dr. Shaner. He came in and said, "oh wow, let me get set up real quick. By the time he was set up it was 11:58. He told me to wait 2 minutes to make sure she was delivered on the 18th so I got a full hospital stay. I was shocked that he didn't want me to push 2 minutes before midnight. Was she really going to come out in two minutes? Well he was right, I started pushing at 12:00 and she was officially born at 12:02!!!
We got up to our room about 2:30 and I was STARVING! Thankfully the nurse dug up at turkey sandwich for me and I was able to function for the check in to the recovery room. The nursery brought Molly in all squeaky clean from her bath. They said she was not happy about it at all. I fed her and she was much happier. Then I sent her back to the nursery and Drew went to bed. Unfortunately there was more they needed to check and do on me so I was up until about 4:30. I was able to sleep for an hour before they brought Molly back in and then again for about 45 min before the rotating door of doctors and nurses started.
Molly also had her first visitor this morning, her uncle John. John and Molly now share a birthday! Happy Birthday Uncle John!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment