Monday, November 2, 2009

Never Say Never

So...we began to realize that even though my Explorer has a 3rd row it was going to be a very tight squeeze for 3 kids in car seats. So I thought I had the perfect solution, a Suburban or Yukon XL. Well Drew wasn't so convinced by this solution. Even though he agreed they are great he knew it may not be the best choice right now because of the price, gas mileage, and size. I continued to look online at finding a great deal but soon began to realize there was no such thing. So to make a long story short...I am now a soccer mom, yes... I have a mini van. Obviously, mini vans are great, make like a lot easier, etc., etc. It's starting to grow on me and the boys think it's the coolest thing ever invented. AND I am very thankful we were able to purchase a new car and make my life easier...Lord knows I'm going to need all the help I can get;)


So we purchased the new car Halloween morning. It was a long complicated process that Drew mainly dealt with. So I took the boys to the pumpkin patch (we went on Andrew's field trip but didn't buy any pumpkins) and got some pumpkins to carve and then came home and enjoyed the sun! Yes it finally came out! After naps we carved pumpkins. Then grandma came over to join in the Halloween festivities. They boys were so happy to see her and show off their costumes. Drew took the boys out while my mom and I stayed back to give out candy. WOW, talk about a lot of trick or treaters! Thank goodness my mom was here, she had to go to Walgreens TWO times to get more candy! It was a fun night and both boys had so much fun.





Sunday we were able to get a lot accomplished considering our wonderful sleepers do not understand the concept of Day Light Savings. We are actually making progress on the baby room and Drew was able to set up a new closet system for our master closet. He's been dying to do this since we moved it but of course other projects kept coming up.

Here are some pictures of the boys at the park today enjoying the beautiful weather.






1 comment: