Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Welcome Home Molly!

Drew and I were ready to get home once Friday rolled around. We really missed the boys and were anxious for them to meet their little sister. So once we were cleared by my OB and Molly’s pediatrician, we told the nurses we would like to get out as soon as possible. They got the ball rolling and soon we were free to go.


The ride home was quiet. Molly slept the whole way. I was beginning to wonder what our new life was going to be like, how the boys were going to react. Drew and I were joking the night before that it felt like we were on vacation. How sad is that? I mean minus the revolving door of doctors and nurses it was just us and Molly. It was great bonding time.


I rang the door bell when we arrived home and Andrew gave us a very warm welcome. He was so excited to see us and to meet Molly. Matthew on the other hand stayed very close to grandma. I asked him if he was mad at me and he said, “mmm hmmm”. He did finally warm up enough to see his little sister and give mom a hug.

Molly gave the boys a ride on tractor as a big brother gift. The boys were so excited to tell us about it and show us how it worked. They gave Molly the train Molly from the Thomas series.

After naps Drew’s parents arrived from Oklahoma to meet our new bundle of joy.


Honestly, it was a tough night. The boys were still out of sorts from us being gone and then there was more change. They were totally on overload. Drew was so excited to show his parents our new house and new baby and it was hard to balance the attention the boys were requiring. And me, well I was hormonal. Bedtime was really hard for Matthew. He was beside himself and mad at me because I couldn’t lift him to put him to bed. As he cried and cried I just felt horrible. I knew he would get over it but it was hard.


Molly did great her first night. She woke up every three hours to eat and went back to sleep quickly after she finished. Thinking back on our first night with Andrew I think I was awake the entire night worrying about him. Thankfully I didn’t have those fears this time and was able to rest while she did.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting her home! She looks adorable in that hoddie!

    ReplyDelete