Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Updates on all 3

Matthew:
I was holding Matthew at church on Sunday and we were singing "Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ...." before the Gospel. Matthew of course had been talking the entire mass about everything under the sun. He kept repeating something so I leaned down to hear what he was saying:
Matthew: Love Him, Love Him
Mom: Love Him?
Matthew: Yes
Mom: Love Who?
Matthew: Jesus

Wow, I was blown away, it brought tears to my eyes. Here I was thinking that he had no clue what was going on.

Then today at lunch he was wanting to be held (because he is exhausted from not wanting to go to sleep last night and waking up in the middle of the night). So I was holding him and he says, "circle"
Me: Circle?
Matthew: Yes
Me: Yes your cup is a circle and the table is a circle.
Matthew: No, you circle.
The he grabbed my arms so they were both around him in the shape of a circle.

And finally, he was just eating Krunchers at lunch. After he ate a chip he yelled, "LOUD mom, Loud!" I said, "Your chips are loud?" He said yes and I said, "Yeah, Uncle Pete thinks so too." Then he said, "He at work"

Molly:
A few weeks ago Molly rolled over from her back to her belly but after that she didn't really do it again. Then Sunday night she did it while she was playing in her activity gym for everyone to see. Yesterday she continued to roll over every time I laid her down and decided she is going to be a belly sleeper. Which is great, except when she wakes up she wants to be on her back and she hasn't quite mastered that yet. So she gets very frustrated. I have a feeling she'll figure it out sooner than later.

She has also decided that all of the sudden she despises taking a bottle. She gags and chokes as soon as you put the bottle in her mouth. Really? I mean I admit I haven't been great about giving her a lot of bottles just because it's easier to feed her myself. So I learned my lesson. I've tried giving her a bottle for like 4 days straight now and she's not budging. I tried switching from Dr. Brown's to Playtex and she took one Playtex bottle on her baptism then decided she doesn't like those anymore. Just wonderful! Guess I'll keep trying.

Molly also has two new friends. My friend Lindsey had a baby girl, Mia, on February 12. And my friend Catherine had a baby girl, Margaret Elizabeth, this morning! Congrats! I'm hoping to take the kids to see Mia and big brother Bobby tomorrow and I'm really hoping Catherine posts some pictures of Margaret since she lives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Andrew:
Last night we were all in the family room. He, Drew and Matthew were playing Legos. We got Andrew a little set to make a "city car" for Valentine's day and both boys love playing with it. Strong willed Matthew REALLY wanted to play with it so Andrew finally said fine. Drew and I made a big deal about how he was such a great big brother. Andrew says, "You can say that again." Where does he come up with this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment