Monday, February 8, 2010

Who Dat

I'll get to the Super Bowl in a minute...just been waiting to use that title. So last Tuesday on the way to school Andrew started coughing, the bad kind. I was thinking oh great his teachers are going to love me for sending him to school. He had a good day but later told me his teachers said not to come to school with a cough. Oops. I kept him home Thursday because it sounded worse and he was losing his voice. At the same time as this cough ordeal he began developing quite the A-TI-TUDE! By Friday I was ready to throw in the towel. It was snowing but not the fun kind to play in. It looked pretty but by the time it hit the ground it melted and was a slushy mess.

To keep the boys busy, I decided to have them make binoculars to watch the snow. That lasted about 5 minutes but I got a cute picture. I guess I forget that boys don't really put a lot of effort into art projects. I had all these fun materials out and Andrew took the black paint and said, "I'm going to make burnt binoculars." And he proceeded to paint them entirely black. Matthew enjoys taking the lids on and off the paint way more than painting. But hey, at least I can say I tried.


We laid low the rest of the weekend. Drew hung the TV in our room which ended up taking all day because of a few unforeseen problems. But he was determined and we're so glad because it really improves the feel of our room. We were planning on going to my parents for Super Sunday but both boys are battling coughs and we didn't want to infect the other party goers. Drew did a cute art project with Andrew to get him excited about the game. They made each member of our family a football cut out and a helmet for each of the boys. We decided to get Pappa Murphys pizzas for dinner. Andrew, Molly and I were cheering for the Saints so Drew convinced Matthew to cheer for the Colts with him. Two minutes into the game Matthew started repeating "GO SAINTS!" for the rest of the game...they knew:)





Yesterday we watched periods of snow and then the big snow moved in last night. I took the boys out right as it was starting to come down harder and then Drew took over when he got home so I could relax for a few minutes. Andrew has a snow day today (I'm so ready for him to go back to school!) so we braved the negative wind chills and shoveled the driveway. I bought the boys shovels at the grocery store this weekend and they were very excited! Matthew was pretty miserable. Every time the wind blew he yelled "GO IN". We were only out about 20 min but everyone got some nice rosy cheeks. (It took us the same amount of time to get bundled.) Our next "snow" play was inside, in the sink...it was much warmer.




I took me a few days to finish this post so the dates may be a little off but you get the idea:)

No comments:

Post a Comment