Monday, February 15, 2010

What a Week!

By Tuesday night I thought for sure it was time for the weekend. I hadn't even made it to hump day! Wednesday was another long day due to the cold temps, kids not feeling 100%, and Drew working late. Let's just say I survived. Thursday brought some light at the end of the tunnel. Andrew went to school for the first time since I can remember:) He came to the car SO excited about his Valentines from all of his friends. It was so fun to see him like that. Then that evening, Molly and I had some cocktails, shopping, and fun with my mom while supporting a great charity, St. Martha's Hall. Vie, a local boutique, had a special event in which 20% of their sales that night went to St. Martha's. My mom and I got some GREAT deals and had a great time. Molly smiled really big when I was trying on my first outfit; a true shopper:) Friday was long but I knew the end was in sight. (I know a terrible attitude; it was just one of those weeks.)

I thought for sure the weekend would turn my attitude around. Unfortunately Andrew woke up at 4 am on Saturday. He did not go back to sleep. Drew was up with him trying to get him to stay in bed. So when I came to help at about 6:30, I knew by looking at Drew he needed to go lay down or it was going to be a LONG day for everyone. He went and laid down while I gave Matthew breakfast, fed Molly, and tended to crabby Andrew. Drew came down about 45 minutes later with a good attitude. I asked if I could go for a run to relieve some stress and prepare myself for a day of cleaning. We were having Molly's baptism Sunday with the reception at our house. I came home to Matthew screaming and Drew about ready to lose it. I took Matthew and had him "help" me downstairs. Then Andrew came down, not as whiny. I asked him if he was doing better and he said yes. Then about 2 minutes later he started gagging and sure enough my biggest phobia in life happened! AAAHHHH! Why did things continue to go downhill? We confined him to the couch as I sprayed Lysol over the entire house. (Later I had to open the doors with the 20 degree temps because it was a little much). After about 30 minutes, I was pretty sure that he got sick because of his cough and all the drainage. I let him eat a few crackers and have some water. He continued to ask for food and to get off of his couch so eventually we assumed he was better. Then he woke up from nap with a 101 temperature. I called the pediatrician just to let them know what was going on...well guess what?! They told us to head to the ER.

The nurse said that there was a good chance he could have pneumonia considering all of his symptoms and it would be too risky to wait until Monday to bring him in. Meanwhile, Drew's parents were about 30 minutes from arriving after a long journey from Oklahoma. Drew took Andrew, they checked in to their hotel and I continued to clean with Matthew and Molly. Long story short, Andrew had a sinus infection and was not contagious, Drew's parents arrived safely and Molly was going to have an amazing baptism and party the next day!

Since my week turned around at that point, I'm going to do a separate, more uplifting post for Molly's big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment