Monday, May 17, 2010

Friends and Family, What Would I Do WIthout Them?

Monday I had a great girls dinner with my good ole high school friends. Catherine was in town from Wyoming so she had the girls to her parents' house for dinner. It was so nice to catch up and know that no matter what stage of our lives we are in, we can pick up right where we left off and be there for each other. Drew called about 10:30 making sure I was ok since it was late for a "school" night. I told him I was on my way home and he told me to be careful because storms were moving in. And boy was he right, it started raining so hard on the highway that I thought I was going to have to pull over but I just drove really slow and it eventually calmed down. I was thankful to make it home safe and sound with all my little one sound asleep. Thanks for a great night girls and thanks for being Mr.Mom Drew. (Unfortunately I didn't take any pics).

Tuesday I picked Andrew up from school and he wasn't acting like himself. I asked him if he had a bad day but he just kept telling me he was tired. He ended up falling asleep on the way home which is WAY out of character for him so of course I began to worry. As soon as we got home, I went to check on him in the back seat and his arms and legs were covered with goose bumps and he was burning up! Poor guy. I carried him inside and put him in bed. Then I got Matthew lunch and Molly settled. Then Andrew started screaming. I went up there to calm him down and them moved him to my room to watch Phineas and Ferb (his favorite show of the week). I was able to get Molly fed and then put her and Matthew down for naps. My next challenge of was figuring out what do about an appointment I had. The original plan was to meet Drew there and have him take the kids home but I knew it wasn't a good idea to make Andrew do all that driving. So I decided to ask my friend Tracy who lives close by and works from home if she would be able to come sit with Andrew for an hour. Thank you so much Tracy, you are a lifesaver!

Andrew continued to have a high fever even on medicine and he would just lay on the couch and not talk or move or sleep. It takes a lot for Andrew to sit still much less not talk! He woke up in the middle of the night and got sick from his fever being so high. I decided to call the exchange just to make myself feel better. Meanwhile super dad slept on Andrew's floor with him. The nurse never called me back which was very frustrating because I wasn't able to go back to sleep. Drew went to work and I began my day of putting out fires. It was impossible to keep everyone happy but I did the best I could. I finally figured out that Andrew's throat was hurting him so I looked in his mouth and sure enough white spots everywhere. Of course Molly and Matthew were asleep so my next lifesaver of the week was my brother John. He dropped everything at work and rushed over so I could get Andrew to the doctor before they closed. They did a strep test which was negative so he just had a virus. Even though I was exhausted I knew I needed to get out the house even if it was only for a little bit. I took Molly with me to bible study early so Christina and I could have some much needed girl time. Then I left early so I could get Molly, and myself, in bed. Boy was I glad that day was over!

Thankfully Andrew's fever broke in the middle of the night and he was on the road to recovery. We laid low and I cleaned. Then my wonderful mom came over to watch the kids for a few hours while Drew and I went out and had some adult conversation, what a nice treat!

Friday we went on a long family walk and checked out a few garage sales because it was our neighborhood garage sale Friday and Saturday. We had planned on putting a few things out on Saturday but it was pouring down rain, not worth it. Drew decided to put the boys in the car and drive around to more sales just as something to do. We ran a few errands Saturday night and realized it's not worth it to take all 3 kids looking for a piece of furniture for Molly's room. Sunday was great; church, run, grocery store during naps, and Sunday dinner. Oh and Drew took Andrew to a Pitch and Putt to play 9 holes of golf, he was in heaven. We had so much fun at Sunday dinner. My parents basement is finished and it's perfect for the kids. It was also so fun seeing Josie toddling around trying to keep up with the big kids. It was a great way to end the weekend! I left my camera there so I'll upload pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment