Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lovin' Springtime

We are loving the springtime weather. We have our new patio furniture and grill on our newly stained deck (way to go Drew) and we enjoy all of our meals outside. It is so nice to be outside enjoying the weather, hearing the boys play on the the new play set and driving their Gator around the court. It's the best.

Last weekend was busy. We thought it was our neighborhood garage sale. We didn't have much but really wanted to get rid of our old refrigerator. So Drew and Andrew were set up with donuts and Starbucks by 7am. And they waited....Finally we had a few people stop by. Andrew would see a car coming and yell, "COSTUMERS!" It was really cute. We found out later that our neighborhood garage sale is in 2 weeks, oops. We did end up selling the refrigerator so Drew was very happy and we'll probably put the other stuff out in a few weeks. While Molly napped and the Andrews manned the sale, Matthew and I went on a quick run. Then we came home and I loaded up the kids to meet the other cousins for a Mother's Day surprise. (I hope my mom doesn't read this but she is super busy with the school and her BIG CHAIRity event, so I'm thinking we're ok). We met at a pottery place and I got some amazing pictures. Then we came home, I tried to unload the camera real quick before Drew took Andrew to a birthday party. Well it got all messed up and I ended up losing all the pictures from that activity and the week. I was so bummed.

Drew took Andrew to his friend Timmy's 5th birthday party at a bowling alley. It was Andrew's first time bowling. Drew got some great pictures.

We spent the evening relaxing, grilling and playing. We were supposed to get storms but they completely missed us and it was beautiful. Sunday we went to church, I grocery shopped (my least favorite activity) and then my mom came here for Sunday dinner since my dad was out of town. They boys were so excited and asked every 5 minutes when she was coming. She arrived with steaks and the rest of the meal so didn't have to do a thing. It was so nice. She also brought some chairs for the CHAIRity for us to help with. My perfectionist husband was a great help. Needless to say it was a great night and the kids were very sad to see her go.

Tuesday, Andrew had a special Mother's Day celebration at his school. Drew met me there so he could take Matthew and Molly to the park while I was pampered by Andrew. It was adorable. First each child presented a flower to Mary. Then the class sang two songs to Mary. After the songs, we went inside and sat at circle time. There, Andrew turned to me and sang a song to me. It was so cute. He had been practicing for a long time. Then they gave us a picture in a frame that they made with Popsicle sticks. After circle time we went to the snack table where there was a place mat that Andrew made just for me and a corn plant that he had planted the week prior. He was so excited because it was starting to grow. (I think he's going to be disappointed when he realizes we aren't going to get a big ear of corn out of it.) Then Andrew brought me strawberry shortcake that he had prepared himself that morning. It had fresh strawberries, cake bites and whipped cream. It was delicious! Thanks for my special day Andrew. Of course the rest of the day was off because Matthew and Molly were all off schedule but we made it to bedtime (or should I say cocktail hour:)).




The kids got to be with two very special babysitters yesterday while I had an appointment. My dad and brother took off a few hours of work to help me out. It was so nice and the kids loved it! When I got back to my parents house, Molly was sound asleep and Matthew was falling asleep in my dad's arms. I laid him down and he took a great nap while Andrew and I "rested". Then Drew met me at my parents so he could take the kids home while I stayed for bible study. We all hung out for a while so I could feed Molly before they left. The boys really enjoyed gardening. Then Christina prepared an amazing Cinco de Mayo bible study meal and I had some great girl time with my bible study girls. HAPPY SPRING!



No comments:

Post a Comment