Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me!


Well the weekend got off to a bit of a rocky start. Matthew woke up Friday crabby but I thought he was just being a two year old. I finally decided to take his temp around lunch time and sure enough had a fever. After hearing about the Tylenol recall I gave him some Motrin and put him down for a nap. He woke up ON FIRE and it was still 2 hours until he could have more Motrin. I was a little freaked out when the ear thermometer said 104. I called his pediatrician and of course they were already closed. I called the exchange and they assured me that it's not the number of his temp, it's how he's acting. They also aren't impressed with accuracy of ear thermometers so I took his under arm temp and it was 103...same thing in my opinion.

We just hung out and ordered pizza on Friday night. Matthew was actually up and playing so I wasn't too concerned. I decided to check on him before I went to bed. Drew and I went in and he immediately woke up. I decided to take his temp since he was already up. Sure enough, the ear thermometer said 104.7...and we had 2 more hours before meds. I called the doctor back and pretty much was told the same thing as when I called earlier. But the nurse did let me know this time that Motrin had been recalled as well so I check ours and sure enough it was on the list. It was now 11pm and I was on my way to Walgreens to get generic Motrin and Tylenol. There was one bottle of generic Motrin left and no Tylenol. I headed home and it was just about time for his medicine. Drew ended up sleeping on the floor next to him that night. (He can pretty much fall asleep anywhere whereas I would be lying there all night with my eyes wide open). About 1:30 I heard this horrible scream and shriek from Matthew. By the time I sat up in bed, Drew was already in our room with Matthew. He told me it was the scariest thing he had heard. It scared Drew so much that he thought for sure they were headed to the ER. Drew brought him into our bed and they both fell asleep right away and slept the rest of the night. When Matthew woke up his temp was down to 99 and he was in good spirits.

We just laid low on Saturday and got the house ready for Mother's Day brunch. Matthew woke up from nap with a low grade temp so I was debating what to do about brunch. I didn't want to expose the other cousins if he had something but I was also really excited about hosting. So I called my brothers and we decided I would host unless Matthew got worse.

Mother's Day started off with my 3 little ones being so excited to wish me a happy day that they ALL woke up a 5:45!!! Much appreciated;) Since we were all up we decided to go to mass at 8 and then come home and make final preparations. It was the perfect day. The kids played outside, the adults enjoyed the wonderful food and chatted. We even had a special guest, Sammy. Pete and Jill got a new puppy and brought him. He was so cute and is a great puppy. After everyone left, the kids napped and I got to go on a Mother's Day run. Then we picked up Chipolte for dinner and hung out. It was a great day!




1 comment:

  1. Liz, You look amazing! Never would guess you have 3 kids! And I love the family photo...great shot!

    ReplyDelete