Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Tuesday was Andrew's last day of school (tear). We dropped him off, ran some errands, and then came back for his ice cream farewell party. Drew was able to meet us there which Andrew thought was very cool...well we all did. Then the 5 of us went to lunch at Chick fil A. Andrew had an amazing year at school considering all the changes that have gone on in his life. The first week of school, my grandmother passed away who Andrew was very close too and really took to heart. The second week of school we moved from the only house he ever knew to a new county, which meant a new school. And AMAZINGLY he never blinked an eye about going to school, meeting new friends, having a new routine; I'm so proud of him and very impressed with the Little School. Thanks for a great year Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Erlinger!



Well since Wednesday was officially the first day of summer for Andrew he asked me if I would wake him up at 5am so we could get on the road for our summer vacation:). I love how his little mind works. Instead of heading to the beach, we headed to the O'Fallon Public Works Fair! This was just as good as the beach for the boys. There was every truck imaginable AND a train to ride on. They had a great time (and I was pretty proud of myself for taking all 3 alone, not having a clue what to expect). After naps, we walked up to the library. Andrew has been asking me to do this since we moved in and it never seems to be the right time. So I finally decided to just do it! It is a very nice, tiny library. The boys picked out books and were so excited. I had to get a new card, since we are in a new county and I didn't have the right identification SO we walked home and then drove back to get our books. Of course Matthew fell asleep in stroller because he refused to nap and was NOT happy about being woken up. But hey, we did it and since Drew was working late I just made the kids an easy dinner after my day of being super mom:)

Thursday was a rainy day and Molly's 6 month check up. (You can see the previous post for all of that exciting news.) Of course I didn't think to look at Andrew's school schedule when I made that appointment so I had to take the whole clan but we survived. Thursday was also Josie's first birthday. The boys wanted to call and sing to her and it was priceless. I wish I would have videoed it because I think it is the first time Matthew has actually sang a song.

Friday Drew traveled for the day so I knew it was going to be a longer day than normal. It looked like it was going to rain all day but it never actually did. We started the day off with Starbucks and then spent the rest of the day playing inside and outside. After naps we went on a walk and I decided to let Andrew drive his Gator while I had the younger 2 in the jogger. My hope was that since we unlocked the 2nd gear he could drive fast enough for me to run behind him. It was close but a fast walk was more appropriate. Better than nothing I guess. Drew made up for being so late by bringing me a yummy salad from Annie Gunn's and a bottle of wine. He knows the way to my heart:)



Saturday we did some stuff around the house, played with neighbors and went to a few garage sales. Then I ran to Target ALONE and did some shopping. Then Drew hung fans in the boys rooms since we went from a cool May to a heat wave. And we ended the day by grilling and hanging out outside.

And FINALLY Sunday. We went to church. When we got home we dusted off the high chair so Molly could try cereal for the first time. It was hilarious; she was not a fan. Hopefully she'll get used to it eventually.

Then we tricked Matthew into a super early lunch and nap so we could get to Josie's birthday party on time. Our plan worked out perfectly, well except for the fact that we had to wake him up. The party was a blast. All 5 of us swam with the cousins and grandma and poppa. It was so fun to see the kids have good old fashion summer fun. The party was great and the boys are at the perfect age where they get SO excited about birthday parties and all the festivities. It was a wonderful way to end the weekend. HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY JOSIE!!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! So much going on....Happy Summer! Can't wait to get the kids together again really soon. I love watching them have so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete