Saturday, November 27, 2010

Beginning of November


In the first half of November, we had beautiful weather. It was so nice to continue going on runs with Molly while the boys were at school and enjoy time outside with the kids. I started taking the boys on bike rides Sundays after church. We would go up to a swamp by our house and feed the ducks then ride to Walgreens and get a snack. They thought that was so cool AND I got a workout in.

November 1st my mom and the boys were off school. She came over to give me a break. I went grocery shopping and even got a manicure! Can't tell you how long it's been since I've done that. They boys sorted their candy by colors and grandma helped Andrew make a chart. Unfortunately Matthew is obsessed with candy so everyday was a battle about when he could have candy. Finally I just threw it away.

Friday the 12th we decided to try a new babysitter. She came over to watch the kids while we went to dinner. We got home about 11:30 and found Andrew still awake! I was shocked until I went to kiss him and he was ON FIRE! The poor kids spiked a fever while we were gone. I felt so bad for him. Matthew also woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. Talk about a buzz kill! By morning, Matthew's fever had broken and he seemed better. Andrew had spurts of energy but was still battling. The saddest part was that it was Andrew's last soccer game and pizza party. I felt so bad for him that he had to miss it. Being the coach of course I had to be there but was so sad for him. A positive of the weekend: Molly started taking steps!!
He got his medal

Monday, Andrew was still complaining of his throat hurting so I decided to take him in to the doctor. I got him in at 9:15, went out to my car with all 3 kids at 8:45 and my battery was dead! I was so frustrated. I unbuckled everyone and cancelled the appointment. I got my neighbor to give me a jump after lunch and was able to get Andrew in. Drew met us there in case my car wouldn't start again. It was quite the ordeal but I'm so glad I took him in because he ended up having strep throat. Poor guy.

By Wednesday, he was back to his old self and back in school. I was so thankful because I was very far behind and starting to stress about my party planning for Miss Molly. Drew got home from work early and said he was starting to feel bad. He was running a fever and was achy with a sore throat. By Thursday morning he was miserable and could barely get out of bed. AND it was Molly's first birthday!!! (He had strep throat too).

No comments:

Post a Comment