Saturday, November 27, 2010

MOLLY IS ONE!!!!

I cannot believe my little angel is already a year old! She has been such a blessing to our family this year. She is such a great sleeper, so laid back and so happy! At 12 months she is taking 5-6 steps in a row. She is eating all table food and started drinking only whole milk, out of a straw. When she wants something she says DA DA DA very clearly and loud. Sometimes Matthew gets frustrated and says, "Mowwy, I'm trying to say something!" She has started giving kisses and hugs when we ask and she knows what sound a dog makes.

On her actual birthday we all went in her room and sang happy birthday when she woke up. I gave her a quick breakfast and we hit the road to take Andrew to school. Unfortunately, since the boys had been home sick I really needed to run errands for her party. She and Matthew were AMAZING. Then we picked up Andrew from school and grabbed some chicken noodle soup for Drew since he was home sick. Molly took a cat nap on the way home (that's code for a morning nap for the third child) and we had a birthday lunch of Bread Company. Then she took a great birthday nap while Andrew helped me get some projects ready for her party. Once everyone was up from naps we let Molly open her presents from us. Of course the boys were so excited that it turned into a battle of who got to open her presents and who got to play with them first. Poor Drew came down and tried to rally but he was hurting. Then Molly took a bath with some new baths toys and went to bed like our perfect little girl.

Friday I needed to take Matthew to get a hair cut because I had stupidly scheduled family pictures/1 year pictures the same day as Molly's party. (Drew was going to do it Thursday night but obviously was out of commission.) I got him into the Hair Saloon for Men and took all 3. After Matthew was finished I asked the lady who cut his hair if there was any way to make Molly's mullet look better. She said "well right now it looks like Billy Ray Cyrus and I think if I just trim it it will look better." So yes, Molly had her first hair cut at the Hair Saloon for Men:)


Saturday was a busy day! We had family pictures and Molly's 1 year pictures at 10am and then her birthday party at 4pm. Amazingly I was pretty organized and ready for the party. Knowing that the boys would be really into the party I made it into a princess/knight theme. I had a card board castle that they could play in and each child had either knight or princess party favors. I also had a scrapbook set up for all of our guests to write a little note to Molly on her big day. The notes turned out really cute and eventually I'll get them organized and add pictures. Dinner was Chick Fil A chicken nuggets and fruit and Molly's cake was the same pattern as her invitation...pink and purple leopard print. She LOVED the cake.















Thanks to everyone who came to her party and made her first birthday so special. She finally got some girly toys. It's really weird to see pink stuff around our house...but I love it!



AND THE BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL...Molly took right to drinking out of a straw cup with whole milk! Since she has been so picky about only drinking from me I decided I was going to stop her cold turkey. Starting on her birthday I cut out a feeding every day so by Sunday she was completely on whole milk and she is doing AMAZING!!! Thank you God!

Monday was Molly's one year check up. Once again it was easy and she looks great...until the vaccinations. About a minute after she got her vaccinations she got hives under 2 of them. Dr. Bob said he had never seen that in his 31 years of practice (just what I wanted to hear!) He asked me to stay so he could keep an eye on her but luckily once they got some Benedryll in her she was fine.

Her 1 year stats:
Height:30''...75%
Weight: 18lbs 12 oz...25%
Head Circumference:45cm...50%


2 comments:

  1. Good golly, Miss Molly is ONE! Love how happy that girl is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your creativity! If only you lived closer, you would be planning all my parties for me!

    ReplyDelete