Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Patch, A Special Guest, Sculpture Park (all in one weekend)

We had a very busy Friday (October 15). It started off with me waking up not being able to walk. I had played in a pick up field hockey game the night before and with about 5 minutes left I got nailed in the foot with ball that had been hit from a guy about 6 inches from me. It was really sore through the night but I thought once I woke up it would be fine....not so much. I was seriously concerned that I was going to be in cast for 8 weeks and so mad at myself! I hobbled around that morning trying to get the kids fed etc. I talked to my orthopedic and he told me that if I could bear some weight on my foot I could see how it went and no go in right away. I was happy about that so I did my best to get the kids out the door for our 9am flu shot appointment. You would think with it being early and not having to see a doctor we would have been in and out in 5 minutes, that didn't happen. We were in there forever but the boys did awesome. The nurse also told me that Molly could have her first round which didn't even cross my mind so I was happy about that. It saved me a trip for her.

From the pediatrician, we headed to Theis pumpkin patch for a little outing for Andrew's class. Thankfully I was able to start putting more and more weight on my foot and realized it must have just been a bad bruise. This was extremely helpful for a day at the pumpkin patch! The kids had a great time and it was a gorgeous day.


After the pumpkin patch we drove through McDonalds and headed to the Pacificos for naps. Unfortunately Molly was completely off schedule and wasn't able to nap and Matthew literally zoned out (didn't even close his eyes) for 5 minutes and he wasn't able to nap either! Oh well, at least we had friends to entertain us.

Late Friday night, Drew's sister Jenny came in town for a visit. She joined us for Andrew's soccer game and hung out with us for a relaxing Saturday. We had a fun day hanging out. Then we got some steaks and wine for dinner and enjoyed the beautiful night on our deck. She hung out with us all day Sunday too and didn't head back until after dinner on Sunday. The boys loved having a special guest and are still talking about it.
Then Monday, the boys were off school because of a teacher workshop and I had a dentist appointment around lunch time. Drew met me at the appointment and took the kids while I was at the dentist. Being super dad, he grabbed them lunch from Jimmy Johns and then took them to a sculpture park which they thought was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment