Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween Weekend

The weekend began Thursday for Drew. He came to school with us for Andrew's Halloween Parade and then hit the road for a guys weekend. He headed north for the Tulsa/Notre Dame football game. He went with his dad, brother, and college roommates Rob and Sam.

Here's a picture of Matthew's class Halloween picture the day before:

Andrew's Halloween parade: (forgot to mention, this day was our first cold snap)
Thanks to our great friends and family, I survived the weekend. Thursday we hung out with the Pacificos after school and stayed through dinner.

Friday, they came here in hang out and left after lunch. Then after naps we went to my brother Pete's house for a family Halloween party. Some highlights of the evening: Grandma and Poppa dressed up (field hockey player and cowboy); We took a group shot of the kids which was hilarious. Josie sat there stunned on the couch; Kiersten had story time and was in full charge. Josie and the boys would scoot up close to her to see the picture better and she would say, "Excuse me, you need to scoot back a little bit, everyone please be quiet." After a major sugar hight all 3 kids fell asleep on the way home which was way too late but it was fun!












Saturday we had a noon soccer game. So after breakfast we headed over to hang out with the Pacificos for the morning. Then my mom met me at the game to watch Matthew and Molly while I coached. John and Josie came to the game too. Unfortunately Andrew played the worst game of his entire career (I know it's been a long one:)). It was so frustrating being a coach/parent. He literally walked around the field playing with the string in his shorts. Of course the kids and I were all really worn out and that played a huge part in Andrew's performance and my attitude. Thankfully once we got home, everyone napped and I was able to re energize. We even got to watch Tulsa beat Notre Dame AND we saw Drew on TV. The boys thought that was very cool. Saturday night we took it easy and after the boys went to bed (which wasn't easy because they started wanting daddy) my friend Tracy came over for a glass of wine. It was the perfect way to end the day.

Sunday, Halloween, I dropped the kids off at the Pacificos so I could go to church without having to take the kids by myself. It was so nice to be able to focus on the mass and pray. After mass I went and relieved John and Allison so they could go to church. We had one collision and a few melt downs but everyone survived. Then Allison took Andrew and Blake to a classmate's birthday party while John and I stayed home with the nappers. Having a birthday party on Halloween was not the best idea in my opinion because by the time the boys got home they were exhausted and melting down. Andrew took a cat nap on the way back to our house and we finally got to see dad, just in time for trick or treating.




Molly was a little frustrated on her first Halloween. She and I stayed home to give out candy while the boys went trick or treating. She really wanted to eat all the candy and got frustrated that I had to keep answering the door but she sure looked cute in her little flower costume.




The boys of course had a blast and from what Drew said everyone really got a kick out of their costumes. They drove the Gator from house to house with our neighbor Austin.

All in all it was a fun weekend and I survived!


1 comment:

  1. Molly is adorable! And your mom in a field hockey outfit-classic!

    ReplyDelete