Monday, June 1, 2009

6 Puppies

You may be wondering why the title of this blog is "6 Puppies". Well let me explain. Drew and I are beginning to go delirious with all of the houses we have been looking at on the interent. Usually after the boys go to bed we go through the new listings and either save it or reject it. Well Saturday night we were catching up. I was reading the description of one of the houses to Drew and I kid you not, the description said: "Backyard big enough for 6 puppies." I seriously could not control my laughter. I was in tears. I mean seriously, 6 puppies could fit in a play pen! You would not believe some of the pictures people take of their houses or the descriptions they give. It takes all kinds...and it's great entertainment.

Friday, my mom and I took the boys to the zoo. Once we were all loaded and in the car, I got a call confirming a showing of our house from 12-1. WHAT?! We never got the first call. Now keep in mind, my focus all morning was on getting ready for the zoo, not on making sure the house was perfect. I called Drew in my panic and be the wonderful husband that he is, said he would take a LONG lunch and go home to get the house ready and we could enjoy the zoo. Well we enjoyed the zoo with about 5 million other people. It was the first day it hadn't rained all week and it was the first day of summer for a lot of schools. So after a couple of hours we had enough and decided to call it a day. It was the best feeling walking into our house. It was immaculate! My mom was in complete shock at the transformation, she saw the before and after. Way to go Drew!


We had another showing on Saturday, our first repeat! So we tried to stay out of the house as much as possible considering we were having an open house Sunday as well. Besides naps we were gone most of the day. We went back to the zoo in the evening. The crowds were much more manageable and we were able to get into the new stingray exhibit and touch the stingrays. Matthew thought it was pretty cool and Andrew wasn't so sure. We told him over and over again that they had the stingers trimmed but he wasn't convinced. Drew and I thought it was really cool. The melt downs happened right as the zoo was closing so we rushed home and got everyone in bed.

Sunday, we stayed out of the house again. We went to church and the park. Then we brought Matthew home for nap. Then went to lunch and drive by a few houses. Then to my parents for naps. Then to drive by MORE houses. Oh boy was that an experience. We like these houses on the internet but knew we need to drive by to see the exact area. We saw some good, bad and ugly and the boys were pretty much the same:) They were troopers though. We decided buying and selling a house is not for the weak, or maybe just not for parents with 2 small kids. Oh and Max had to join us on all of our adventures. I'm sure he appreciated it. After all our driving around we grabbed some stuff to grill and came home to enjoy a beautiful evening.

Anything to keep him happy
]
Monday, at the pool with our neighbors, the Fitzpatricks

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I can't imagine how hard it is with 2 little ones!! We bought when AK was 10 months, so a lot easier to transport. :) Cute zoo pics!! How many weeks are you now? Will you be finding out the gender? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hang in there with all of the showings! As always the house selling and the little guy or girl on the way are in our prayers! Can't wait until we find out what it is!! love you guys

    ReplyDelete