Monday, June 8, 2009

We will survive!

Well Thursday Andrew woke up from his nap feeling a little warm. Sure enough he had a fever. I gave him some Tylenol and prayed it would go away quickly. Drew had a softball game that night and by the time he got home, Andrew looked awful. I took his temp again (a few hours after the medicine) and it had gone up! That never happens. I was a little worried but knew if I called the doc they would say to just keep and eye on him and call if it got too high. So we got Matthew to bed. Andrew laid around and we finally got him to take a bath. I think he felt a little better. We let him watch TV in our room and he eventually fell asleep so we took him to his bed. About 3am he came in and said he wanted to sleep with us. Of course he was burning up so I got more Tylenol in him and brought him into our bed. Finally about 5:30 he fell back back to sleep and got up again about 7. He didn't seem much better so I planned on calling the doc as soon as they opened. In the mean time he started telling me his head hurt and was pointing to the back of his neck. That's when I really started to freak out, I thought for sure he had meningitis!

Once I talked to the nurse she agreed that they needed to see him. So they got him right in. Thankfully, it ended up the problem was his throat. The doctor said it was REALLY red, pussy, and his glands were REALLY swollen. Poor guy. They did a strep test, which he loved ;) but it came back negative. So it ended up being a virus that would have to run it's course. The doctor recommended switching to Motrin to see if that would help with the fever. So after the doctor we went to Walgreens and got that and a RedBox DVD. He was so pathetic all day. I felt so bad for him. I think this is the sickest I have seen him because he never got a burst of energy to play or even really sit up. Thankfully about 11PM he woke up soaking wet. HIS FEVER BROKE!

Saturday, he was still not himself but MUCH better. We were finally able to get him to eat a few bites for breakfast. Then it was back to our Saturday routine. We had to mow and deep clean the house for a showing Saturday. We left the house, grabbed lunch, napped at my parents then did the torturous task of driving around looking at different areas and neighborhoods. Thankfully, my friend Maureen let us borrow her portable DVD players for the boys which made the excursion much more doable than last time. As we were getting frustrated about one area not meeting our expectations we got a call saying our house was going to be shown Sunday as well. That's always good news. We decided the boys needed to get out and have some dinner. So we sat outside at a fun Mexican restaurant and tried to collect our thoughts but that didn't really happen with our two crazies:) Then as we were finishing up dinner we got a call from Kathy saying the people that looked at our house wrote up a contract! Drew talked to her and couldn't really hear so I took the boys out of the restaurant to let them run around and let Drew do the talking. He came out and informed me that the offer was REALLY low and they said it was their final offer. MAN!

Now the stress begins. We decided to counter anyway in case they are just playing the game. So we got their contract, look it over and discussed what to do. We decided to sleep on it since we had until 5 on Sunday to counter. I didn't realize how stressful this would be. But it was, we finally decided on a price and got the paper work in at 5 on the dot! Then we just had to wait.

Today, Andrew had his first swim lesson. I was way more nervous than he was because I knew the possible freak outs he could have. He was really excited and had no worries going in which was great. His teacher was young and nice and great with the kids. Once she taught them how to hold on to the wall and let them hang out he freaked out, got out of the pool and started to walk away like he was done. Thankfully she got him back in and made him laugh and even though he was pretty unsure, he stuck it out. The lessons are everyday for 2 weeks for 30 minutes so I think he'll get used to it. I hope! I promised him a big cookie if he did well, so we got that after class and headed home as he was falling asleep. I quickly gave the boys lunch and got them down for naps. The couple that put offer in on our house countered back (they said they wouldn't) but it is still too low. So we countered back again, as low as we can go and haven't heard back yet. We'll keep you updated. It sure would be nice to have our house off the market and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment