Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Addendum

In response to my confident title of yesterdays blog, my title today should be, "Not So Sure" we're going to survive. To explain, Matthew woke up at 3am like a furnace. Took his temp 103...HOT! We brought him into our bed and he could not get comfortable. I sat up with him in the chair. The he started acting like he was going to throw up. A little background on me...I know it sounds crazy, strange, weird, etc, but that is my biggest fear in the whole world. Yes, like some people have a phobia of snakes, heights, mine is vomit. It hurts to even write the words. So anyway, Drew knows this crazy fear of mine. So he took Matthew from me and took him into the bathroom. Thankfully he didn't get sick and Drew calmed him down and brought him back into bed. I of course grabbed a towel and covered our bed. Over the top, I know. So needless to say, crazy Liz didn't sleep the rest of the night. Andrew of course got up at normal time, Matthew never stopped burning up, and Drew had a meeting to get to, this is all before 7am. Needless to say, I had a breakdown. Let's just blame it on the pregnancy hormones. So when Liz has a breakdown, she calls mom! Mom, I love you. My mom cancelled the meeting she had, hopped out of the shower and rushed over here.

Of course, by the time she got here Matthew's fever had gone down to 101 and he actually started to look like himself. Then I felt really stupid and bad for having my mom miss a meeting. Well it ended up working out b/c she took Andrew to swim class and Matthew was able to nap. He woke up once again on fire. I decided to go ahead and take him to the doc. I was pretty sure he had what Andrew had but didn't want to risk it with as high as he fever was. So we got right in and my mom stayed with Andrew while I took him. And indeed, he had the sores in the throat, everything Andrew did...same thing. At least now I didn't have to second guess myself and knew the issue.

I got both of the boys down at the same time and was able to get a 45 minute, much needed nap in for myself. Thank you God! Matthew woke up feeling pretty bad. I just held him until Drew got home and then rushed to get on germ free clothes, clean hands, and a little bit of make up for my mom's birthday party at Pete and Jill's.

Side note: A few weeks ago we were watching Ace of Cakes with Andrew and the we came up with the idea of making a pyramid birthday cake for my mom. I knew this was a bit over my head but Drew is much more artistic and can always pull something like this off. So last night after dinner I started baking cakes, we put the boys to bed, baked some more cakes and then once everything had cooled, Drew began the hard work. Drew would probably be upset about this side note b/c he thinks it makes him sound feminine but I think it's cool and the main guy on the Ace of Cakes is a guy. Anyway, he pulled it off at about 11:30 last night and it turned out awesome.


So Andrew and I headed to the party and wonderful Drew stayed with poor little Matthew. My mom ended up seeing the cake when she was over earlier in the day (it's not easy to hide a pyramid) and had the best reaction. So even though it wasn't the right timing of seeing the cake, the reaction was priceless. We had a great time at the party and I think everyone enjoyed the cake.



Now I'm sitting up trying to decide what to do. Matthew woke up a few hours after Drew laid him down and they are asleep in our room. Should I walk in on the creaky floors and risk waking up a sleeping baby or should I sleep on the couch? Maybe I'll go in in a few minutes since he can have more medicine then anyway. Okay, I'm starting to sound crazy, I better go.

Oh, the contract on our house didn't go through. Back to square 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment