Monday, June 29, 2009

Not the plan

Drew and I had planned on celebrating our anniversary on Saturday by going to the Cardinal game. Unfortunately Andrew got sick in the middle of the night on Friday and we had to cancel our "date". I have to say Drew was more helpful and caring than ever before. Considering I could not think of a worse way to spend our anniversary, I realized what a great husband and father Drew is. He knows my weaknesses and is able to step up when I can't pull my weight. (Explanation of weakness: my biggest phobia in life is people throwing up). So hopefully one of these days we'll be able to celebrate our 6th anniversary but if not I can hold off until lucky #7.

Baby girl update: Don't worry, she'll get much more attention when she's here. Poor thing, during my pregnancy with Andrew I had a daily journal:) Anyway, I'm halfway there! She seems to be doing well, giving me some more frequent kicks...my favorite part of being pregnant. She is the size of a banana:) I had an appointment with a surgeon last week because I have had an umbilical hernia since I was pregnant with Matthew. My OB decided it was best to have it looked at since it wasn't getting better. The surgeon said I should be okay until after delivery but if not, even though it's not ideal, he could operate while I'm pregnant. So we're going with nothing is going to happen and I'll have surgery a few months after our baby girl comes, because that'll be easy:) We're still thinking about names...we'll keep you updated.

Andrewism of the day: I was telling Andrew that I had to set up the pack n play for Matthew's nap. (Matthew naps in our room but every time we have a showing we have to take the pack n play to the basement.) So I was getting naps set up and Andrew wanted to play in the basement with Matthew.
Andrew: Mom I'll be in charge of Matthew
Me: Ok
Andrew: If he pinches me or something I'll say "TIME OUT!"
Me: No you won't
Andrew: Why? Because he doesn't know what time out is?
Me: Right
Andrew: Well Matthew, time out is when you sit around and be really mad.

1 comment:

  1. So funny Liz! They are so cute. :)
    Can't believe you are halfway there, I know you are excited to meet your little girl!!

    ReplyDelete