Sunday, June 21, 2009

6 Wonderful Years


Drew and I have been married for 6 years! Wow time flies. In my opinion our weekend started on Thursday. I took Andrew to swim class, then we met my mom at the pool. The boys had such a great time and my mom and I were able to chat while making sure they stayed afloat. We stayed longer than I expected so I was hopeful everyone would take a great nap. Naps ended up being pretty good. Then I took the boys to Drew's softball game. They were winning big before we got there and Drew hit an inside the park home run. We weren't exactly good luck but they boys had fun. Then we ran to Boarders to get some Father's Day gifts and it was one of those errands that everyone was cooperating and in a great mood, RARE! Matthew was looking at a Cardinals (baseball team) board book. There was a picture of Jack Buck (when he was younger) and Matthew pointed to it and said "Poppa"(that's what he calls my dad). Matthew is not a big talker at all so this was HUGE for him, and quite funny. So of course we had to buy the book. Then Andrew had a big break through. He's been telling us that he wants a garbage truck theme for his 4th birthday (July 27) and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how I can make that work. Well while we were at the book store, he found a book on Wall-E and decided Wall-E is like a garbage truck so he wants a Wall-E party...much easier!

Since we are in the process of selling our house and not real sure what the future is going to bring, I told Drew that this year for our anniversary I just wanted to get my hair highlighted and trimmed. So Friday, my mom came over and watched the boys while I relaxed and got my hair done. I never thought I'd say this but I love sitting around just reading a magazine. They boys had a blast with grandma and were ready for naps when I got home, what a treat! After naps we went and got Drew a card and some little things for our anniversary and Father's Day. Then we did our weekly tradition of Friday night dinner at Racenelli's (but too hot to eat outside).

We had a great Anniversary morning. We went to Starbucks for coffee then walked to the Kirkwood Farmer's Market for breakfast burritos. Drew came home and mowed, I did some gardening, Andrew played and Matthew napped. Then we went to the mall for a Chick fil A lunch and Drew got some watch batteries replaced. That's what he wanted for his anniversary gift. While we were waiting I found some great deals at Children's Place and Gymboree for the boys. Then everyone napped and we had a low key evening at home. Drew and I are going out next weekend to celebrate as adults.

Today Drew is playing golf with my dad and brothers for Father's Day and then we're headed to dinner at my parents. Hope all the dads have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment