Thursday, October 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

We decided our weekend project would be painting Andrew's room. He was beginning to notice that Matthew's room was rather put together and his...well resembled a white box. I saw a cute idea in Pottery Barn Kids that I thought would be perfect for his room. And thanks to my wonderfully creative husband, he was able to pull it off. We met at Chick fil A on Friday evening for a quick dinner then headed over to Lowes to pick out the paint color (not an easy task with 2 "handsy" boys, we had every color sample imaginable in our cart). Then we headed home to tape off the room so we could start painting bright and early. After we put the boys to bed I got a text from my friend Lindsey inviting us to the Cardinal game with the boys. How could we pass that up.


Saturday Drew woke up and started priming while I searched boxes for Cardinal gear and winter coats. Yes, a cold front moved in overnight. Amazingly we got everything together in time and headed to the game. The boys were pretty good at the game. It wasn't the most exciting game but they lasted about 7 innings. Andrew said his favorite part was riding in the golf cart from where we parked to the game (hmmm maybe we'll work on that next season). Both boys fell asleep on the way home so Drew dropped me off at a few stores to run some errands. Then we grabbed dinner and headed home for more painting. Poor Andrew had to sleep on his mattress in his baby sister's room for a few nights but he didn't seem to mind.


Sunday we went to church, Drew painted, bought Andrew a dresser, boys had naps, I grocery shopped and then we headed to Sunday dinner. This particular Sunday dinner was to celebrate the September birthdays (Drew, me and my dad). It was the prefect night. My mom had special Halloween books for all the kids as well as some goodies for our baby girl. The kids ran and played for hours and the adults were able to catch up on everything going on in each others lives. Thanks for the birthday wishes and gifts family, you're the best!

Side note: John and Christina brought an ice cream cake. Andrew waited all night to have cake. He ate it so fast that he got an ice cream head ache but he didn't know what was going on. He started running around, crying, and screaming, "I FEEL FUNNY!" Drew saw the entire situation unfold so he filled us in on what was going on...I must say, it was a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment