Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Still Alive

So I last left off by putting Andrew to bed with a low grade fever. Then I headed to bed and didn't feel too great so decided to take my temp. Well I had a fever too. I told Drew as I was drifting to sleep, "I'm apologizing now for me being no help this weekend." Andrew ended up waking up several times through the night and thankfully Drew was able to tend to him.


We spent Saturday and Sunday doing nothing. Really Drew just took care of all of us. He was so helpful. Finally by Sunday evening I was starting to feel semi human again and by Monday everyone was fever free and on the road to recovery.

Monday night I woke up with really strong contractions. I sat in bed with millions of thoughts going through my head. "I'm so not prepared." "I can't call my mom in the middle of the night to stay with the boys, what if it's a false alarm?" "I'll let Drew sleep until I know more." So I started staring at the clock and timing them. They were lasting about a minute and ranging from 10-15 minutes apart. This lasted from about 1-4 and at 4 I had two really strong ones. I finally woke Drew up and told him what was going on. I told him I'd keep him updated. Then about 4:30 they just stopped! I was relieved that I had more time to prepare but also frustrated that I had been up all night.

The contractions came and went for the next few days and I was excited when Thursday came around to see what my OB said and if I had progressed. Of course it was Andrew's Halloween parade at school which I felt horrible about missing but Drew was able to go watch and help him with his costume...thank goodness! Well the good news of the appointment was that I had lost 3 pounds:) The frustrating news was that the contractions were "teasers" and nothing had changed from the week before. Oh well, I wasn't too disappointed considering I have lots of baby laundry and decorating to do. At least I was motivated by this event and started to get things in order. We'll keep you posted! Looks like it's going to be a November baby as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment