Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Quit


Ever have one of those days where you think…”ok, I’m done.” Well that happened to me 2 Mondays ago(Sept 21...still trying to catch up). I was still fighting the head ache, struggling with whether or not to stay medicated (I was starting to worry about taking so much medicine with the baby), being tired from the move, lack of sleep and 3rd trimester, AND being in a new place feeling lost. So anyway, I made it through the morning and was happy to know it was naptime. I ended up having to let Matthew cry which was painful but when he finally calmed down I decided it was worth it. Andrew continued to get out of bed and yell from his room. I tried bribing, threatening, sitting in his room, sitting at the door and he could have cared less. Finally he jumped over me and started running around the playroom yelling, at which point Matthew woke up (After being down for 20 min). Well I totally and I mean totally LOST it. I sent Andrew down stairs so I could try to calm Matthew down and get him back to sleep. Andrew ended up coming in and making a scene so it was useless. I burst into tears. Andrew looked at me and said, “Mom, why are you crying?” I regretfully said, “Because you made me!” I mean I was hysterical. I called Drew and left him a message that I’m sure he could not understand. I tried gaining my composure several times but for some reason I would just burst into tears again. Because of my hysterics Andrew was nice to me for about an hour and Matthew gave me millions of hugs and grabbed my face between his hands. The rest of the day I did what I could to survive and once Drew got home I made dinner put the boys to bed and went to bed myself. I was glad the day was over. Thankfully the week got better. Baby steps.

**The picture above is what Andrew drew as I was melting down.


1 comment:

  1. Liz, you will survive! You are a strong woman and a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete