Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Sunday: The Good
YEAH ANDREW!!! As an incentive for Andrew to be potty trained we told him we would have a "potty party" with cake and ice cream as soon as he was FINISHED with diapers. Boy were we desperate! So Sunday was the big day. We took all the goodies over to Grandma and Poppa's for Sunday dinner. And to sum it all up Andrew said to my mom that night as she was giving him his bath..."Grandma it's always been my dream to have my potty party at Sunday dinner." We are so proud of our big boy! (only about a year later than most kids:))

Tuesday: The Bad
Matthew woke up from his nap with another fever and could not get comfortable. It was a beautiful day and I just wanted to be outside with the kids but I knew it would be best to call the doc especially since he was pulling on his ear. After talking to the nurse she thought she may be able to just call in a different prescription so we didn't have to go BACK for a third time in 2 weeks. Well she called back and said it would be best to bring him in in the morning. So we enjoyed the rest of the day and got our poor little guy to bed...praying it wouldn't be a long night.

Wednesday: The Ugly
Well our prayers were answered. We woke up to the pitter patter of Andrew's little feet and his sweet voice saying, "My clock says it's a 6". He climbed into bed with us and I asked Drew if I was delirious or if Matthew had indeed slept through the night?! We were both amazed! Soon after, I heard Matthew so went down to get him (he sleeps in the basement occasionally) and my glee of him having a restful night was cut short as I stepped on the soaking wet carpet. Our basement was wet from the massive amount of rain we got over night. I came up and said, "Um Drew, I think our basement got a little wet." That's not what he wanted to hear. He jumped out of bed to see for himself and began feverishly getting the carpet up and the fans out. Andrew stood at the top of the steps while I made breakfast yelling down to Drew, "Why are you doing that? What's that fan for? Are you going to put up the gate so I don't walk on it? Why does the floor look like that? Where is the carpet going?" How do you tell a 3 year old it's not a good time to ask questions? So Drew did what he could, rushed to get ready for work and was out the door. I got Andrew ready for school and debated calling the doc back and cancelling Matthew's appointment because he seemed better and wasn't running a temp. I decided to just take him instead of second guessing myself. Thankfully I did, he now has an bad infection in the other ear! Weird because he is still on antibiotics from the first one. The doc was a little stumped about what to do this time because right now he is on Omnicef and last time he was on Amoxicillin he broke out in hives so we are running out of options BUT he is on a new one now and we're praying his little ears feel better soon. Oh, forgot to mention we now have to go back for an "ear check" in 10 days to make sure we're all good. Can I get a loan on co pays?

Andrewisms for the week...
Sitting at lunch on Sunday he pointed to his ear and said, "It was my ear, my ear burped"
We are guessing his ear popped.

I told Andrew it was his job to make sure Matthew stayed awake on the way home from school on Monday. He said, "Mom, Matthew can concentrate, he's a little bitty big boy."

On the same ride home I was commenting on how cool the clouds looked b/c it was about to storm. But I couldn't think of how to describe them and Andrew said, "Mom, they look like soft covers." So insightful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! There's always something...I hope Matthew gets better soon. I'm so worried about my little Godson! And Andrew gets smarter by the day :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete