Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recap of Week


We had an eventful week so I thought I would do a quick (actually longer than I thought) recap.

Starting last Friday, January 23...My baby boy, Matthew, turned 1 year old! I tried my hardest to make it a special day for him but I think I may have tried too hard because big brother Andrew had some major jealousy issues. The morning was great. It was nice enough to play outside and get some much needed fresh air. But, I ended up spending the afternoon in the worst mood because neither of the boys napped well and boy were they tired! Andrew took out his frustrations by peeing all over the bathroom...on purpose. I guess you can say I lost my temper. I decided we were going to drive around in hopes that Matthew would fall back to sleep so he would be happy at his birthday dinner. Well both boys were calm and I think we all regained our composer. Then Drew came home to pick us up for an early dinner at Bartolino's. We thought this would be the perfect place because Matthew recently decided he likes meatballs AND we wanted to share his big night with family. It was a nice dinner and Matthew decided he liked Italian bread much better than meatballs on this particular night.

Saturday, January 24...Party Day! We had Matthew's 1st birthday party at my parents because of our small house and the cold weather. I was a little worried Matthew would be over whelmed since he is pretty shy and has a hard time warming up in large crowds. Well, was I ever wrong! He had the time of his life. Walking around, playing with the big kids, opening presents, and even eating cake! It was an awesome party!

Sunday, January 25...We woke up to a special guest. Mike, Drew's brother, was on his way to West Virginia for work and stopped in STL for the night to break up the drive. Drew and Andrew couldn't get enough and really wanted him to stay the whole day. But it unexpectedly started to snow so we knew it was best for him to hit the road.

Tuesday, Jan 27...We woke up to snow and ice. It was pretty consistent all day so to be safe we stayed in and by 5 we were ready for dad to come home from work!

Wednesday, Jan 28...Boy did we get a big snow! The ice turned back to snow over night and we woke up to about 6 or 7 inches. It was beautiful. Since I hadn't been able to run in a few days I talked Drew into letting me shovel (yes, we both like it, we're weird). Drew was finally able to get out of the driveway and head to work...but to my surprise, he was back in about 30 minutes with Starbucks. He said the roads were terrible and he would need to drive me to Matthew's 1 year check up. So we loaded up and braved the snow. Matthew would have been much happier if we didn't make it. Shots are no fun!

Friday, Jan 30...I needed a few things from Target so loaded up the boys, got what we needed, headed home. I had just pulled out of Target, waiting at a stop light and SMACK! We got hit from behind. I pulled over, made sure the boys were ok...thank God, they were. Got out of the car while calling the police. An older lady had hit me and explained she was on her way home from the doc with double pneumonia. Then she said , "I tried to get his license number but couldn't. I said, "did someone hit you too?" She said, "Oh yeah." I take a look at her car, no damage to the back. The front is basically in her front seat. Hmmmm. Long story short. She got mad because I called the police, the officer tried to explain to her that because of the tire marks on the road and they way her car was "folded" in the front, it is very unlikely she was hit. Well she stuck to her story. So the officer let me know it would be a good idea to inconspicuously take some pictures. At that, Drew decided it was a good idea for him to come by. I'll let you know what happens...I'm sure it will be interesting!

Saturday, Jan 31...Andrew wakes up with a temp of 101 and a bad cough. So our weekend/Super Bowl plans are on hold and we are focusing on getting our little man healthy and praying Matthew doesn't get it.

Don't worry all my posts won't be this long. I just wanted to remember this exciting week. If you made it to the end, hope you enjoyed.

4 comments:

  1. Wish I was at the bday bash...Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    Love the blog! So cute :) I am so happy that you guys decided to start one. I am looking forward to all of the updates! Hope the boys are feeling okay. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz - the blog is so cute! I love it. I had no idea you were in an accident! What a mess - good thing you had your camera there. I hope Andrew is feeling better today and that you get some rest too - taking care of a sick one is tiring.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your week was anything but dull! I had no idea so much went on. Hope everything works out on the accident side. I am glad the birthday celebration went well. It sure sounds like your boys had a great time. Hope Andrew is feeling better. We will see you soon. Love you! MiMi and PaPa aka. Stan and Jayme

    ReplyDelete